1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A bit of time to sort out the problems.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

We have 3 players in the World Cup squad, and all of them a bit lucky. None are in any kind of great form.
    We also have the utterly useless Pulisic in the USA squad, I don't know who else, Kovacic probably,I don't know.
    Anyway, what's left to work with and what's to be done?
    Would normally expect a load of opinions, but this site seems dead as a dodo.
    Here's my thoughts, so feel free to crucify at will.

I'd be looking to get rid of ASAP, Pulisic, RLC, Havertz, Ziyech, Dave, Aubamayang, Jorginho, Cucurella, Kante and Zakaria.
    In my opinion, none are capable of fitting the system , if we have one, or are past it / not good enough.
    Pulisic a serial dud, RLC, never reached his early promise, Havertz, hasn't adapted at all to PL football, just like Werner, Ziyech, wrong fit for the speed and intensity of PL, Dave at the end of his brilliant Chelsea career, just not good enough now, Aubamayang a lazy, past it , discard from every good Team he's ever played in, Jorginho, infuriating underperformer who never assists and never scores, Cucurella, just not good enough, Kante, getting old, can't be trusted to overcome injury, Zakaria, another player who's good but not really good.
    Common thread?????? None are not able to cut it for one or more of pace, strength, durability, creativity, and so are collectively below the standard needed to improve the team.
    That leaves Koulibaly who has been really poor, Silva whose lack of pace is being more often exposed because of poor defending by Cucurella and Koulibaly and no one in midfield who can control, run, distribute or own the position, so zero service to a stuttering, spluttering misfiring and totally unimpressive front 3, whoever plays.
    In short we are a shambles from back to front, with mismatched, unconnected players roaming around like Browns' cows.
    How did it get to this ?? Look at Boehly, big mouth, but ultimately clueless money maker. Sacking of Audi, for whom the imports were bought, Potter who looks so far way out of his depth.
    And here we are.
    Potter needs to get tough, get rid of the dross as he sees it, demand the players he wants, show some of the alleged tactics he is good at, play people in their rightful positions, and act with some passion and drive.
    Can it happen??
    Right now I think the whole "new" experiment is sinking. Early days for sure, but very little comfort in what's going on off the field or on.
    Potter needs to stand up and be counted, Boehly needs to sit down, shut up and listen.

2. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

"ultimately clueless money maker". I wish I was one of those....... But I get what you are saying CP. It's been very disappointing since Potter arrived, he has not been the silver bullet that we needed to get anything from this season. I never thought TT would have been so prematurely relieved of his position and was gutted to say the least. We do have some very bad players on the books but also some exciting prospect too. I'm going to keep my head down and wait, hope Potter sorts it out but we have to give him a lot longer than TT. Who I would have back in the blink of an eye.

3. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Wonder if the World Cup will be good for a few of our fringe players. Pulisic and Ziyech have been/were excellent and they could come back to us playing the same way. Alternatively, it might make a few teams pay a fee for them in January if we look to move them on.

4. Chelsea Pensioner

They have been good and I have been really scathing towards them both. Maybe it's just as simple as not fitting our system, and not a lack of skill or effort. Declan Rice looks the best fit for the midfielder we so desperately need, he's impressed at each game in Qatar. Mount and Sterling have been the opposite, which is worrying.Mount especially has lost his touch for the moment. Would love to see Potter and Mount work out his best position and keep him there, it makes it much harder for the player when he's being used as a "versatile" player, ie playing wherever the Manager picks him.

5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Theres dead weight that needs to gotten rid of thats for sure.

Dave unfortunately is past it (but if he's back up i'm fine with that). Same for Silva. Koulibaly hasn't set the world alight.

Cucurella is useless. Auba is past it. Not a fan of pulisic either, he's too lightweight for this league without the technical abilities of someone like silva.

As for Potter, it's been very disappointing but i hope he gets time. He has proven he can do it but players need to get used to his system. I would be very disappointed if he doesn't get 2 seasons

6. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Yep £60 million worth of tripe.

7. Chelsea Pensioner

I agree with you Bobby, but in truth we look like a couple of desperados.
    Dave is past it , but still wanted by Barca, so he's not ready for cremation yet. Silva has been magnificent again for Brazil, but behind a far better eleven than Chelsea.
    Koulibaly has not been a great buy for us and we need better .He's not the player he was at his peak, and is a bad buy for us. Pulisic has shown over and over again he is not up to the pressure of PL, and his good form in the WC means nothing to me. He's got talent but not for us.Aubamagang is just well past his due by date, another of many stupid and poor buys by the American genius Bohely. But the worst buy was Sterling, and at 300 Gs a week, has upset the entire wage platform.
    Mount, even out of form is asking why he doesn't get the same, and there is no answer.Hopeless for Chelsea, hopeless for England, this Man City reject has destroyed all Team togetherness with his obscene wages. Thanks again Todd..
    Personally I wouldn't pay Mount 300Gs, I'd take the best offer if it comes to that. He's no Lampard, no Scholes,no Declan Rice, however good he is. He does'nt control or run any game he plays, like Modric does .
    Lousy choices and ridiculous overpayment by Boehly has disrupted the status quo of the whole team. Boehly, butt out and let people who know what they're doing decide on the transfer market. You keep watching American " Football".

BobbyD likes this.