1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A good book thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Eireleeds1, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Currently working through the Jack Reacher series of thrillers. Five down, fifteen to go. Excellent stuff

2. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

"Oh dearie, dearie, me...."

3. JonnyLosAngeles

Non-fiction - Bill Clinton autobiography, Looming Tower - The Road to 911
    Historical fiction - The Plot Against America

4. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

2 unexpectedly excellent autobiographies I've read recently - Jennifer Saunders & John Barrowman.

5. JonnyLosAngeles

Excuse my ignorance, but who are they?

6. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Google is your friend! :)

Difficult to be brief & may not mean so much in the US.

Saunders is half of the French & Saunders comedy act. Writes a lot of material, the most notable being 'Absolutely Fabulous'. If you haven't watched it, you must - plus the movie of the same name.

Barrowman is more of a musical singer/actor. I believe he's famous in some quarters for a spin-off series of Doctor Who, in which he was lead. Scottish guy, mostly brought up in Canada. Very funny guy & gay as fcuk. And extremely proud of it.

Hope this helps. I'm not the greatest fan of their works, but do like their personalities - & deffo loved their books.

7. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

FollowMe&LeedsUnited Well-Known Member

Heidi Haigh author and co-author

www.followmeandleedsunited.co.uk

link to photos of all books

Twitter: @FollowMeandLUFC / Facebook: Follow Me and Leeds United

Heidi is a dedicated fan having followed her team for over 50 years. She has written five Leeds United books and does a popular blog after ever game. Taking many photos and writing about the game, she shares the fan experience around the world with other Leeds United fans!

Follow Me and Leeds United

Follow Me and Leeds United is based on a diary Heidi kept in the '70s when she didn’t miss a Leeds United match, home or away, for seven years. It is about being a girl in a man's world when Leeds were one of the best teams in Europe. As a female it shows what lengths she had had to go to in order to follow her team and the problems/violence that she encountered for daring to be female and going to football matches.

Once a Leeds fan, always a Leeds fan

Once a Leeds fan, always a Leeds fan is about still following Leeds United despite the ups and downs the club has been through. Staying loyal to their team through thick and thin and never wavering in their support. There are experiences of matches that Heidi has been to including matches abroad, but covers from when she started going to matches to this present day. There are entries from her seventies diary but memories from the rest of the time.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of Leeds United – Leeds United in the 1980s

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of Leeds United takes an in depth look back at what it was like following Leeds United in the 1980s. Speaking to former players, fans and journalists, it will take you on an incredible journey. From relegation in 1982 to the heartache of the play offs in 1987 and finally promotion in 1990, the book also takes a look back at the off field issues that dogged the Whites and will take you on a rollercoaster of emotion. All the incidents are covered from the tragedy of Birmingham City in 1985, to winning promotion at Bournemouth in 1990; the book takes you back over a decade in which the Whites sunk to a new low before ending it on a high.

The Sleeping Giant Awakens, Leeds United 2016-17

The 2016-17 season saw the sleeping giant, Leeds United, stirring once again. After years of poor management and owners lacking in aspiration, the hopes of the fans were raised before being dashed at the final hurdle. The Sleeping Giant Awakensis based on Heidi Haigh’s popular blog Follow Me and Leeds United, shared by Leeds United’s worldwide fan base. Heidi shows the highs and lows of a Leeds fan travelling to games, both home and away.

Back to Reality, Leeds United 2018-19

The season started with great optimism; a change for the long suffering Leeds United fans whose loyalty to their club are second to none. After a fantastic start, things changed rapidly and their hopes were dashed once again. Based onHeidi’s popular blog Follow Me and Leeds United; seen through her eyes with highs and lows as a fan travelling both home and away. Her photos show fans from all over the world, follow the team through thick and thin.

Attached Files: