1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Good read - Luiz interview

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BackStabbed, Jan 13, 2012.

1. BackStabbed

BackStabbed Active Member

2. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Good spot pal <ok>, even if you were reading the mail <grr>.

Look at that face <laugh>, how anyone can hate him I'll never know! But yes, fully agree, love to see players with that passion at the club, KTBFFH Luiz!

3. BackStabbed

Just google chelsea when i'm online sometimes and it brings up latest stories and spotted that one lol, and i know guys a loonatic lol, we need people like that at the club though instead of grumpy ****s

4. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Luiz gets more stick than he works at in my opinion, I personally think he's a good player and parts of his game need working on and that can quite easily happen <ok>.

5. BackStabbed

To be honest it is deserved, he is a trainwreck at times but the good thing is he makes up for it in pace and finishing ability and i'm sure he will improve as a defender with age, look at Pique classic example, Luiz reminds me of Pique when he was at Man u, now look at pique. Most defenders peak late e.g middle to late 20s/early 30s

6. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Yes, he's made some very very very stupid mistakes but like I said, they can be tamed and he can be moulded into a great player. It's not as if he lacks pace or a good tackle, both of which can't really be taught. Saying that, some players aren't suited to the PL, let's hope Luiz isn't one of them <ok>.

7. BackStabbed

I know what you mean, gotta keep the faith though otherwise i guarantee he'll end up doing quality for another team. He'll be alright he'll learn from Cahill and Terry

8. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Defo <ok> and we can't phase him out now that Cahill is here. Maybe try him in DM like many people have mentioned, improve his versatility and tell him to go crazy with the ball at his feet!

9. BackStabbed

He actually said in the article he was a midfielder untill he was 17 so that might be why he likes to run a lot and shoot and create, definitely worth a go. Hope Rambo keeps banging em in, shame sturridge as back as Rambo coulda gotten the right wing role again and caused mayhem ( sure sturridge will do a good enough job though )

10. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had read that when we initially bought him but apparently being a midfielder nearly cost him his professional contract! Apparently he was ****e as a midfielder in Brazil so they converted him to defence which is why I was initially sceptical about him converting back to DM!

11. BackStabbed

God knows why, looks good going forward for us and scoring goals especially in the big games, i wouldn't want him at DM though, Romeus the one for that, i reckon Luiz would be a star on the left or right of midfield or a full-back position but i do reckon the full-back position might turn him into another bosingwa though

12. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

That's the thing, we've got to start trying him out in other positions, maybe in pre-season we can do just that <ok>.

13. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

14. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

David Luiz will be a great player before he's finished. I only hope it's at Chelsea, not somewhere else. To all those who constantly bag him , a question. Do you know anyone, anywhere who improves ,when constantly criticised and told they are useless ??? I find it's usually the opposite. Conversely, only a few praise him when he plays really well. lcooper, Drogs, take a bow.
    This kid is loaded with talent and enthusiasm. Get behind him.

15. BackStabbed

Exactly mate, everything takes time, it's like the first few months of last season when some fans were crucifying rambo, i mean he'd only been in english football for a few months give him a break! Now look at him, becoming one of our best players, some take time to adjust and some are instant successes and obviously some are fails but Luiz will always have my support because we know how good he can be and how good he is when his relaxed and doesn't try to quickly steam into things, and the fact he sawed important goals v the 2 manchester clubs last season, will never forget them goals <laugh>

16. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Right on the nail. Remember Henrys' 1st season at Arsenal, Lampard at Chelsea, Joey Cole, Drogba ?????? They were all completely hopeless for quite a long time.
    Season 2, now that was altogether different. All up to speed, all slotted into the team style, all went on to great things.
    Ditto Ramires, as you said. It's only very few who start off on the pace, especially those from the European Leagues.
    So patience really is a virtue. Time and maturity are all most of our youngsters need.

17. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

A great piece! I always think this kind of faith makes the difference between a Chelsea player and a True Blue!