1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A shame to lose that game

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Norway-jack, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

I thought considering we had 2 of our first choice defenders out we coped very well and were unlucky to lose this game. Arsenal were clinical in front of goal but never the less we had control and I do wonder quite how it turned out the way it did. Well done to Arsenal for the win though, no sour grapes here, they look good enough to win the league and we knew this was going to be a hard game.

I feel sorry for our boys as the performance warrented a draw IMO, we kept the ball well and were unlucky during the 90 mins.

I thought Amat had a fine game considering he was dropped into the deep end today, he will only get better and apart from one or two dodgy passes there isn't a whole lot he did wrong.
    Chico did well and is getting back to his best, really needs to stop trying to score from 40yds though as that is starting to piss e right off ! he also needs to stop rolling around on the floor like a big fairy,that also grinds my gears !

Canas was everywhere and is only going to get better with every game,Dyer was also superb and Routs while a bit quieter did nothing wrong.

Special mention for Ben Davies , who while being extremely wastful with his crossing scored a cracking goal assisted by Bony.
    Speaking of Bony, while I agree with Laudrups overall selection I don't agree with Bony being on the bench for this game, like against Spurs he terrorised the back four when he came on and his short passing lay off and touch is getting better by the minute, I feel while Laudrup has logic in playing michu up front I sometimes think we can ask more questions of them by putting Bony and michu on the field at the same time.

I know Laudrup was concerned about the midfield battle today,he mentioned it in the press conference but I feel that Michu in there would not have burdened us in that respect.

Tiendalli looked poor in parts,he has not played enough top level games to get into his stride and while his crossing is normally his strong point today it was totally **** !! im not sure if the result would have been a lot more different if we had ash and rangel playing but I think it would have made us a little bit more cohesive when it mattered.

Amat has a big future with us,he will take a lot from today ,the goals conceded wernt great but wernt terrible either, all things considered it went pretty much as expected for me, onto the next game which is going to be a very difficult game .

A draw was a fair result and im gutted for the players they didn't get it .

One final thought, Vorm doesn't seem to be as influential as he has been in the past,for some reason he seems to get beat on the low corner shots where as before he always seemed to be lightning fast and saving them, maybe its a case of rose tinted specs a little bit, he did well today and kept us in it but I wonder if he is becoming a little bit stale. Vorm was winning us those types of games a few seasons back but now any team that hits the target seems to score .

Thoughts on today ? not a surprise to lose but a little bit frustrating considering we didn't do a whole lot wrong in the game.

2. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Well I'm disappointed, I did feel that Arsenal weren't that good and we could or should have got a draw. Why Bony didn't start, well only Laudrup can say why. Did think Canas and Dyer had real good games.

Frustration for me will Chico stop fcuking play acting, fcuking infuriates me. Michu get's kicked on the thigh goes down then gets on with the game. Ah well onto next week.

3. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

'WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE ,THEY ARE PREMIER LEAGUE BUT ITS STILL KILLING THEM '

yes, thats true......<whistle> how embarassing for you <laugh>

4. neveroffsidereff

Oh bless you!!! Still in awe of Swansea City I see!!! :emoticon-0100-smile

5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Is laudrup an arsenal fan.???? what a stupid team to pick against the arsenal. He leaves out bony,he plays michu on his own up front where we lose more than we win, he makes the bloody goalkeeper captain and he subs shelvey the only player on the pitch trying to score, he leaves out britton and his tactics were playing into arsenals hands, We sit just behind laudrup and he was given stick for playing such a negative team and i had to laugh when they started to call Are you an arsenal fan....this is twice now he got things badly wrong, once against spurs and now arsenal where we still run them close and could easily have won if he was to select a team capable of winning instead of giving them a huge chance through poor team selection.......making vorm captain <doh> What is that all about....Well done arsenal you beat laudrup's inapt tactics and deserved to win at the liberty..<ok>

6. neveroffsidereff

Dai I agree with why he made Vorm captain, we needed someone with passion to fire them up and to me as Ash and Rangel weren't on the pitch then it should have been Michu. But Michu should have been playing in the hole. Frustrated as hell!!!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

7. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

Missed opportunity to get to 10 points and climb the table to a position that merits our ability!?! Disappointing and frustrating. 58% possession and lose. The reason is simple. We did not translate possession especially in the final third into pressure in their penalty box - cause .... totally crap crossing. Time and gain when we sent in a cross - too long, to no-one in particular or a loopy-loo for which the keeper said thank you and laughed his ass off for the gift. Cannot continue like this.

I don't know what everybody saw in Dyer today. OK in the first half but for somebody who should be causing trouble caused none in the second half. Most disappointed when Routledge went off instead of him.

Positives - Amat is a keeper and looked so comfortable with Chico. Monk not on the bench - Alfie there instead (good to see another youngster coming through). Controlled and contained a very dangerous Arsenal midfield ... except for the 5 minutes or so when they made it count. Pozuello ... can we ****ing start him next Saturday please.

Finally, Ben Davies - what price for this kid. Imagine what he can be at the peak of his career. Taylor had better concentrate on being our best right back, because he's just not going to get a game at left back.

8. exiledswan

exiledswan Active Member

obviously dissapointed with the result but just like against Man U we didnt play badly but we were beaten by that extra bit of class that these top teams have - Arsenals build up play for their goals was excellent but apart from that superb run and interplay between Davies and Bony we never threatened to break through. When the Bony-Michu-Pozuelo partnership starts gelling we ll see a lot more chances created.
    also we need to work on the balls in from the widemen, it was very poor today, Tiendalli being particularly wasteful. As you said Norway we missed Rangel and Ash. Amat is promising but we missed someone in there rallying the troops.
    Southampton will be a tough and we need to get our home form back on track against Sunderland

9. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I'm getting a little pissed off with this Dai too. Bony should have started today <doh>

10. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

We did lack a "captain" in the middle of the park today. Somebody to boss our lot around and keep things focused and together when we were pressing too hard and getting sloppy. Not Amat's job today - his job was to play alongside Chico form a solid partnership and contain Giroud - job well done, for the most part.

11. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

Are you guys for real that we should have started with Bony......

1) You do know we were playing Arsenal right? A team that can pass the ball around as good as us.

2) You realised our RB and CB were out injured. Now the replacements given ample game time could come in and cover, but lets be fair here, other than the odd appearance for Amat, he hasn't really had a chance to gain that match fitness, and Tiendalli certainly hasn't, and to be thrown in at the deep end against a team like Arsenal was always going to be hard. Yet you wanted us to be more offensive, all I can say is thank **** you guys are not the manager, because iuf we had started more offensive, Arsenal would have battered our defensive line.

The only thing for me, that Laudrup got wrong tonight, was not starting with Britton. other than that, I honestly cannot see what else he could have done under the circumstances. Rose tinted specs some need to take off if you think we should have attacked Arsenal with our defensive line frailties tonight. WE ARE SWANSEA CITY..............................NOT BARCELONA.

12. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

3 points lost today and its laudrups fault. the team he picked played well but it was far from our strongest team. Goals were there for the taking today If he had bony and michu starting in there right positions from the start. he should have put britton as captain running the engine room from midfield....poor from laudrup that fans let him know in no uncertain terms too....I just don't get him sometimes i really don't....

13. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

I think that pretty much sums it up exiled <ok>

14. neathjack

neathjack Active Member

We were very vulnerable to the counter when a more attacking team were brought on towards the end. I suspect Bony is not fully fit and by joining us late and the busy fixture list needs time to work purely on fitness.

Not Michu's best game. When upfront tended to drop back occasionally and we had no target man. With Bony, Michu and Poz on the pitch the middle of the park looks a little congested. Main problem however continues to be our final ball, in particular our crossing.

Michu clearly loves to play every minute of every game but sometime think Laudrup will need to give him a rest.

15. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

Swamp We have 13 points to your 8, We shall remain premier league nothing embarrassing about that

16. Norway-jack

Some really strange comments above IMO.

I don't see what difference Britton could have made to the game today , canas did everything leon does , I agree that our crossing is total **** but thought dyer played well ,his touch is also improving and he is looking more comfortable coming inside.

Laudrups formation ,well the only gripe for me is not to start with Bony, I can however understand his reasons for wanting a certain type of midfield on the pitch, it pretty much worked perfect because if you remove 5 mins from that game then Swans had it controlled all over the park, a mad 5 min spell done us not total football or superior game play, Arsenal took those chances superbly well and credit too them, that's why they are top of the league !

What we seem to forget here is that Swansea is now a team the top 6 will bring their A game for , it isn't a case of thinking they can turn up and beat us,now they know they need to be 100 % bang on to get a result from us, this is something new for us.

When we turned over the bigger clubs in the last 2 seasons it was a big shock for them, they have all learnt from this now and they know that we are a handful to play against, its why you are seeing a difference in formation from us too, I think Laudrup knows we are are a threat to these teams and they respond with bringing their best performances to town .

We aint catching the top 6 cold ever again so lets now please get used to it becoming a long afternoon again is it ? nothing wrong with getting beat by Arsenal at home same as there was Nothing wrong losing away to Spurs 0-1 .

I thought Bony should have started but maybe Laudrup wanted more bodies in the midfiled to control ball and protect the defence ? well, I guess he was overall correct because we did protect the defence and control the ball,it was a shame we lost a couple of goals in the only time that arsenal strung some passing together, but they are arsenal after all so we shouldn't really be surprised should we ?

17. Norway-jack

Are you for real ? how did the fans let him know in uncertain terms ??

18. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

West Stand numpties at it again Dai? Waving their umbrellas? Kick the f*****s out I say - should be supporting the team not harassing the manager.

19. Norway-jack

As Laudrup said ,we got a bit too deep and they scored with a rare chance, we lost our heads and went searching for an instant equiliser and got caught again. **** happens and im not too bothered about it really, im disappointed because I felt we were well worth a point but overall the most important thing is the performance was still good and new players will keep getting better .

A difficult run of games starts to get a bit easier for us now, we are comparing ourselves to these teams but the reality is that we are nowhere near them in terms of quality in the right areas. <ok>

20. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Without Ash and Rangel i think ML was overly concerned that Arsenal would pass the ball into our net more than they did and so maybe he gave to much respect by playing a defensive game without Bony from the start. In hindsight it may have been better to go all out offensively with Michu and Bony from the start but with Dyer not quite as good as he used to be at the mo and with no good crossers of the ball into Michu & Bony as usual plus no Ash & Rangel then i think ML can be forgiven for this one.
    Another good showing from Ben though.