1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Team Capable of Winning The Championship Title

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by StrovolosTiger, Feb 4, 2011.

1. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

As Adam has said it will take 2 more windows to create a team capable of automatic promotion, I reckon that means around 6 players to complete the jigsaw. So what would that Team look like?

GK Vito Mannone / Brad Guzan

RB Liam Rosenior / Paul McShane

CB Anthony Gerrard / James Chester / Liam Cooper / Paul McShane

LB Andy Dawson / AN Other

RM Jamie Devitt / Robbie Koren

CM Corry Evans / James Harper / Neil Danns / Robbie Koren

LM AN Other / Cameron Stewart

ATK Simpson / Fryatt / McLean / AN Other

I reckon that's 8 new signings (bold) , but some maybe loans.

I think we still need a tall striker, and we are very light on the left both in midfield and defence. This with the additions of Mannone, Guzan (mayb one on another season loan), Gerrard, Evans and Danns should see it complete.

2. 4tiger

4tiger Active Member

Pretty much agree. We need a new cb as well as Gerrard, a lb similar to Rosenior, a tall striker and a left winger. then maybe the odd loan player.

BTW you have missed out Belaid and Cairney in the midfield, assuming we keep Belaid of course and Cullen

3. Dean24

Dean24 Member

I don't see Cullen as a threat to our other strikers at all, I hope I'm wrong hopefully his loan spell will have the desired effect.

4. StrovolosTiger

Indeed. Haven't seen enough of Belaid yet. But from the look of him, he's another Koren. Neither of them, IMHO, are powerful enough to cope in the middle of the park and will only play out wide or in the hole behind a big striker.

As for Cairney, I think he will go out on loan and eventually leave. I was alarmed at how slow and poor he was at the beginning of the season. He needs to start again and, IMHO, will not make the grade.

5. 4tiger

4tiger Active Member

I dont think he has been playing much. He could be a good striker but he needs games and service, which he wont get here

6. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

Cullen made his debut as a sub, Bradford lost. He then started the next 2 games, which Bradford lost and he hasn't been seen since!!

7. Dean24

Dean24 Member

Well he'd better get his act together then because if he cant cut the mustard at Bradford he's ****ed.

8. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

A team capable of winning the championship title.

simples

Nottingham Forest (I assume we are talking about this season)

9. robingram02

robingram02 Well-Known Member

Bradford have been a in a poor run of form, Taylor only brought him on for 8 minutes of their last match, the kid just needs a run in their team and a goal and im sure he'll be fine.

10. westhulltiger

westhulltiger Active Member

Cannot see Cullen ever breaking in to our 1st team in all honesty, I think he got enough game time earlier in the season to stake a claim but from what I saw, I wasn't too impressed. However, he was playing in a struggling side (which we were at the time) and service wasn't brilliant so Fryatt probs would have struggled?

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Cullen's had a complete mare at Bradford, his loan runs out this week and I think he'll be back with us on Monday.

They've lost five of the six games while he's been there, with just one draw, in that one he was an unused sub.

He's played a total of just under two hours in the four games he participated in and hasn't yet managed to score.

Hopefully we can find somewhere else for him to go and he can try again.

12. utigers

utigers New Member

We definitely need a LM.

I would include Fagan on the RM as he would do a better job there than the ones you mention. Obviously people are assuming he maybe part of the old regime and end up leaving. Koren IMO is 'doing a job' in this position and we should be set up better than this really.

13. East Riding Tiger

East Riding Tiger New Member

Indeed. Haven't seen enough of Belaid yet. But from the look of him, he's another Koren. Neither of them, IMHO, are powerful enough to cope in the middle of the park
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Could say that about Cesc Fabregas,Xavi and Schloes etc.

14. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

GK Vito Mannone / Brad Guzan

RB Liam Rosenior / AN Other

CB Anthony Gerrard / James Chester / Liam Cooper / AN Other

LB Andy Dawson / AN Other

RM AN Other / Jamie Devitt / Robbie Koren

CM Corry Evans / James Harper / Neil Danns / Robbie Koren

LM AN Other / Cameron Stewart

ATK Simpson / Fryatt / McLean / Cameron Stewart

Although I would be happy with a young left back and a decent right winger.

15. geo3969

geo3969 Member

You're all missing Garcia as RM or LM. Or ST.

16. StrovolosTiger

You think Garcia will be offered another contract?

17. StrovolosTiger

You think Belaid is in the same class as Fabregas, Xavi and Scholes?

(Scholes is different) but Xavi, Fabregas and Iniesta for that matter are so skillful the can compete with powerhous type players. Koren and Belaid may not.

18. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

From what I saw of Belaid he's quality, could see how he knows how to make a yard. Looking for the right pass, can keep control of the ball and looks strong enough to me.

I'll have a bet with anyone that he's better than Cairney, Harper, Devitt, Stewart and Evans. I think this lad is going to be a class act.

19. StrovolosTiger

Wow! All that from 13 minutes! Have you thought of becoming a scout?

20. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

Why with all the cairney haters now? Lets not forget he's still young and has plenty of time to work on his physical attributes. The fact is, he can kick a football accurately which is a lot more than I can say about a few members of our squad. Harper, Dawson, Gerrard and Chester to name a few (I would mention Duke but I don't have the energy for a full blown Duke rant). The championship is far more physical than the prem so he's obviously going to take time to adjust, especially considering he's only ever played premier league football.

Cullen, IMO is deadwood. I don't think as fast as he's made out to be, has no spacial awareness (lets be fair, he is working with folan so maybe he's picked up something) and I don't think he's ever going to be good enough for us.

Garcia and fagan should be offered new deals! I don't see how people can dispute this? Both decent championship players with premier league experience. Both technically average and both give 110% every week. Oh and both often get played out of position and then get booed for not playing well there Out of order IMO.