1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

About time too...

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by 55282, Feb 1, 2021.

1. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

2. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

It’s taken them all this to to realise that.

3. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

4. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

About bloody time ......... if anything give outstretched hands for the N. Health upturned palms.......instead

5. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Well judging by the racism a few black players have been subject to online the last few weeks, it's evident there's a lot of scum who pay no attention to anything anyway. It's basically been preaching to the converted.

The headline in that report kind of shows how thick some people are if they think the gesture is a support of the racist organisation with the same name though.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  6. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Maybe if they changed the name ? just a thought or better still why not revert back to Kick it Out as a tool which prior to Blm seemed to be the forefront of football anti racism .Whether you think people are "thick" or not, the association by BLM with a anti democratic movement is well documented .

7. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I don't think any of it works anyway. Kick it Out, Taking the Knee etc - yet we still get the same racist stuff kicking around online. I don't think many people are waiting to be swung either way - scummy families breed scummy kids very often. No football initiative is gonna change that.
    I still maintain that if someone thinks that the Black Lives Matter that we see support for for a few seconds at the start of the match is the same Black Lives Matter that want to defund the police etc then you must have your head under a rock. It's like confusing the band Queen with the Queen of England or The Police(Sting etc) with the actual Police or the Foo Fighters with Foo Fighters etc. Just because a name is the same it doesn't mean they are the same things. Some things are just so obvious you'd think it shouldn't need explaining, but I guess some football fans (as the report states) are confused by this !!

8. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

"Meetings between the League (EFL) and their clubs last week discussed possible alternatives to the pre-match ritual"

No pre match ritual is necessary. They've got 'kick it out' already <doh>

9. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

Then this needs to be specified while they're doing it because I didn't know there were multiple BLMs. An alert across the screen on TV and at the game. Also, someone standing in the centre circle holding a placard with a disclaimer. The stadium announcer and TV commentary could make this clear at the same time as well. To stop people like me getting confused.

So are BLM suing BLM for copyright infringement? And if so, which one is suing which? I think BLM need to come out and clarify the situation.

10. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 10.38.39.png

daimungeezer likes this.

11. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

How confusing :

upload_2021-2-2_10-53-28.png

12. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

They set themselves up for a fall by introducing it in the first place . The world's full of differing opinions and actions , not always palatable to some but there you go .

13. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I agree with you, but just by saying :

is like just accepting everything that's wrong is just how it is and there's nothing we should try to do about it. There's no easy answer to these issues, and there's also the problem of when you give someone the ball they just run with it way past the line and we end up with the woke nonsense - which ends up polarising people even more.

14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

please log in to view this image