1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Accrington chairman

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Guy Incognito, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito Well-Known Member

I see the Accrington chairman is having another winge today on twitter about the salary cap being disbanded, and having a go at us as well to boot. Along with some of their fans siding with him, it seems its our fault that we have more resources than others down here and we should have the salary cap for the good of the game and by disagreeing with how it's implemented we're selfish and helping put the football pyramid at risk. Lots of snidy comments about us being at this level from their fans and being dismissive about the KLD takeover.

We seem in good company though, Derby, Salford, Gary Neville have all copped a bit of flak from him and their fans in the last few days.

2. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

I’ve said it before, if he wants to play by their guidelines, he can. What he can’t and shouldn’t be allowed to do is dictate to others. The only fair way is to pay on a percentage of income, which it does right now. Why should they “even” themselves out by denying others with a lot more income, he’s a tinpot ****er who ripped off Sunderland fans when that game was called off. Anyone contemplating going there, if indeed we have to next season, should not buy a ticket, go and stay in the pubs in and around the ground. His aim isn’t about a fair and level playing field, it’s about keeping clubs like us and Portsmouth down there longer so he can rake it in.

DH4, clockstander, Nig and 17 others like this.
  3. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

He's a terrible little man with a huge opinion of himself.

He'll make Accrington a pariah if he's not careful.

He wants the club to have the chance to go up, gain the money that goes with it and be able to spend whatever he likes to keep them out of L1 ...

.... he's a hypocrite who wants clubs like us in this league because of the cash we produce, for his club, but doesn't want us to use it ourselves.

DH4, Nig, Makemstine Roger and 7 others like this.
  4. Rickystixx

Rickystixx Active Member

If you play in a completion that relies on promotions as well as relegations then a rigid salary cap would never work.

SAFC shouldn't have to apologise for their history and subsequent stature which is obviously what pissed him off the most.

If his principles are that unwavering I'm sure he will stick to the standard allowance of away fans next time we play them with fans allowed and return the money he received last time.

Obviously he won't so him and his **** milk advert team can get to ****

5. Seb’s right peg

Seb’s right peg Well-Known Member

Absolutely spot on. He’s a bitter little scrote, this isn’t the NFL. There’s relegations and promotions on the line and if you can afford to attract better players you should be allowed to spend it.

6. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

Agree with this 100%. Why should we help to line his pocket, when he hasn't got a good word to say about us. We are a club with a great history and a large following. The most famous thing about his club is an advert for F*ckin milk!

7. Julio

Julio Well-Known Member

If we stop in this league our fans should boycott the game against them at their place

8. Smug in Boots

I'd rather our away fans let our feelings known ...

... and they will <laugh>

9. Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito Well-Known Member

I doubt it'll be long before he does make Accrington a pariah, I know he had some big rows during the summer with people involved with Tranmere about how they were shafted. If he keeps sticking his nose into how others clubs are being run, it won't be long before they tell him where to get off. Sadly though, I think he and Accrington sum up a lot of what too many teams level are like and about. Small minded, chips on their shoulders, envious and wanting to drag others down to their level rather than rise up on their own merits. Since dropping down to here, there's no loads of clubs I now hate that previously never crossed my mind and I hope to god they all struggle massively in the future once we're back up out of this league.

He reminds me of the arseholes who ran Northwich 15 years ago and the way they went on when we drew them in the FA cup. They tried to bleed as much money as they could out of us, had awful attitudes to us, were rude to our staff in the SOL, snidy after we beat them, then by all accounts came back to us to ask if we'd play a friendly at their place a couple of years later when they had massive financial problems to help them out.

10. Julio

Julio Well-Known Member

Hit him with all he is bothered about. Revenue

11. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

I know where you're coming from with this mate, and I'm sure the fans will let him know how they feel, but they could do that from outside the ground, and not add to his revenue.

12. Julio

Julio Well-Known Member

Exactly. Let him know on twitter etc but we should not give him a single penny

13. Smug in Boots

Bollocks to that mate ...

... he's not important enough to me to stop me watching The Lads.

Wolfy likes this.
  14. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

the nasty little scroat deserves all that he has coming , as they wont survive too much longer with covid restrictions, and if they do have any decent players they will be of to bigger clubs who can survive.

15. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

aye - he's a typical example of somebody who got a lot of attention early doors and now believes the hype it generated

Guy Incognito and Smug in Boots like this.
  16. Notaskyboy

Notaskyboy Well-Known Member

17. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

come on stop being nice get it off your chest mate I'm listening

18. Wolfy

Wolfy Well-Known Member

Can’t blame him for trying in all honesty, he’s doing everything he can to make Accrington’s future chances as high as possible which is something a lot of us would do if roles were reversed. Hasn’t made a bit of difference this season though mind, considering they are just below us with two games in hand.

19. Peterleeyacker

Peterleeyacker Well-Known Member

Accrington played well tonight and were value for the draw.

Wolfy likes this.
  20. Draig

Draig Well-Known Member

I've waited years for an opportunity to use a particular piece of farming wisdom that I inherited from my parents and you've given me the perfect opening!

If you want to make butter you have to churn the milk, not agitate the cow!