1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Accrington game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Oct 6, 2018.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

A rather strange game but at least the ref got his one big decision right (though he took his time!) and it fell our way for once. Even before the sending-off I thought Accrington looked poor for a side on such a good run and after they quite sensibly tried to play for a draw. We made really heavy weather of it at times (with poor long-range shooting and delaying crosses being the main issues) but did enough in the end and I cannot remember Coleman having to make a difficult save.. Difficult to nominate a MOTM but I thought Beckles looked good going forward and could even have had a couple of goals. I have not yet seen a really good side this season in this division (sadly including us!) and the team we had last year would have been even more dominant if it was playing in this league. There are a couple of tricky-looking fixtures coming up so it is nice to see us make a leap up the table again.

2. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

main emotion when final whistle went was relief ,whilst glad Angol was not seriously hurt the keeper getting a red card did knock the stuffing out of them ,relief Lewis did not come on and i hope to see more of Okenabirhie . Tactically failed to exploit the extra man or stretch them
    but we have three tough games coming up

3. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A shocking action by their keeper stopped their dominant first 15 minutes. After that we had control of the game and it was very much a one way flow of the ball. However as has happened across this season (and last) we aren't putting the ball in the net. There were however a lot of shots at goal but many went wide of the net or were safely collected by the replacement keeper.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  4. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

it looked even worse on TV, you would hope getting more clinical in front of goal is something they are working on in training , whilst Whalley contributes a lot to the game and looks one of towns players with more purpose going forward,taking free kicks is not one of his strengths, i wish he would let someone else take some of them as others players look interested but he mainly takes them, something that players could work on in training.we have not had a player who had any quality in consistently taking free kicks since Ben Davies.

5. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We could do with an alternative to Whalley, ideally one who can use their other foot so we can alter the swing direction on set pieces. Hopefully someone who can be a tad more consistent too.

Zenfootball2 likes this.