1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Accrington game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Feb 10, 2020.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Well - here we go again with a home game against a side below us in the table that should be winnable but we don't look like beating anyone at the moment. Haven't got a clue which side we will put out (and whether they will turn up or not) but I think we need to play Udoh and Lang from the start as we know these lads will put in a real shift. We showed a lot more attacking intent against MK and if we build on that should be able to score a couple of goals with a bit of composure upfront. Not too impressed with Ricketts comments about us overachieving in the first half of the season - almost seems like getting in excuses early for another poor performance - we need a bit more positivity from him and perhaps that will transmit itself to the players.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  2. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

Ricketts interview is not the way to motivate a team

if we are to get anything from this game the midfield will need to make a massive improvment in there ball retention and ball distribution.
    the midfield ran out of steam and due to injuries we are likly to field the same midfield.
    i go to all the home games apart from the FA cup the games have been rather dire.
    lose and some elements of the fan base will be very unhappy.

3. greenhousmeadowman

We need some fresh wing backs (Ramsay and Hart?) to get us further up the pitch and get us more possession. It's really hard for the midfield if we are only having 30 or 40 per cent possession. Lang and Udoh upfront with Mcaleny in behind them should give us the ability to hold the ball better. Cummings could come on in the second half as he seems to do better when the game is more open. I am quite positive about tonight and fancy us to win this game.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  4. Zenfootball2

from the start the lack of movment was poor , players looking for an out ball and town looked very static, players really looked like they did not wont the ball and when they got the ball looked as if they did not know what to do with it.
    is O'Leary injured ? if not it made no sense to play Murphy again as he had a por game against MKDons.
    Golbourne got turned towns defence just froze and we are 0-1.
    there was just no responce from town virtually no attacking intent, aimless long balls Cummings was up against a defender nearly two foot taller yet we pursisted in long balls , lang battled for scr@ps but was often isolated and surrounded by three accrington players with no one offering him an out ball. it must be deomralizing to be a forward in this team.
    to rub salt in the wounds Okenabirhie scores his second goal for Doncaster.

Town failed to respond to going a goal down and they loked aimless and clueless.

no suprise to hear BOOS as the players went off.
    i had hope for some improvment unfortently it did not materalize, love was awfull on the wing, no suprise that he and golbourne were subbed. only Edwards and McCormick really showing any mobility.
    56 minutes till town figured out that Cummings needs it in the ground to run into the one and only time in the match we do it he scares the defence and has a half chance go wide

Murphy made a real mess of a shoot there was a scramble and Accrington score there second 0-2 .game over as town looked second best. fans vented there frustration with chants from;
    Boring Ricketts , its embarreasing, your are getting sacked in the morning to boos.
    Udoh's header goes wide

i was desprerate for the ref to put me out of my misery on a cold night watching a dire game

Lany looked frustrated as he was subbed for Udo. last 15 minutes town made a few feeble attacks that petered out or went wide . 96 minutes of football and there keeper made two saves.

i dont know what the answer is but it felt like Ricketts has lost the crowd

5. greenhousmeadowman

It was certainly a bad night to cap off an awful eight days. I was not surprised to hear the boos and anti-Ricketts chanting but that is never the answer. He needs to change a losing strategy quickly and get some confidence back into the players otherwise he is not going to last the season. when I told my wife about the game this morning she asked me 'Why do you go'. A very interesting question. After thinking about it I realised that, despite the poor performance and the freezing conditions, there is no place in the world I would rather be than sitting with my mates and engaging in a bit of gallows humour watching Town play.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  6. Zenfootball2

my reasons for going when it is like this are very much the same and i share your view on the booing.
    it is never a good sign when players are arguing with each other during a game.

7. Zenfootball2

i like Lang but it must be frustrating for all the forwards as they supply they get is so poor.you are working hard you point were you wont the ball then run to that area only to find that many times it either is overhit and goes sailing past you , hit at chest level rather than on the ground, is behind your run and you have to check back, hit at you so hard you have no chance to control it or it is hit sideways or at a different player.

imagine the frustration that leaves you feeling game after game if that is your experience.