1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Adam Lallana - Second chance?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Magic Ted, Jul 17, 2015.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

have you tried brighton? i hear theres guys down there who don't charge according to some mods on here.

2. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Did you get rejected by a gay man in brighton mito <whistle>

3. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Look, all silliness aside, how can you possibly state that you'd be upset should he start in a side ahead of Firmino, someone who has never played in the PL before. He might be utterly unable to adapt to that, so you're basically saying that Firmino is a definite because he has a sexy name or something?

As someone who has watched the (utterly disloyal, Sterling style) Lallana for a number of years - he's a good player. Was he worth what you paid, no, probably not, but I suspect that he'll prove to you to be a good player with an injury free season. To immediately dismiss him because Firmino is from Brazil or something though, well that's a daft, daft starting point. Perhaps you should work for Sky?

4. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Lol me 'dismissing' Lallana because he's British is quite funny. Apparently you dismissing Firmino because he's never played in the PL is acceptable?

Why do I not rate Lallana? Maybe it's because I actually watch him play? And has nothing to do with where he's from/

At Soton, Lallana was good because that's his level. At I personally saw at Liverpool, he's not good enough to command a starting place. At the level LFC need to be at, we need players who play quickly and with intelligence - Lallana looks nice and elegant but truth is, he lacks substance. He slows down attacks and makes poor decisions. But then again, he does some nice touches and Cruyff turns so he must be ok?

Now bear in mind he's in his prime, and still makes poor footballing decisions, that's an issue.

And why do I rate Firmino - he's 23, had an immense 2 years in Bundesliga where he scored and created, but more importantly developed his game intelligence, compared to Lallana's 1 good season in PL.

The whole PL proven is a load of b*llocks and the worst argument I have ever heard because it means nothing - look at the 'PL Proven' players LFC have signed over past 5 years and look at their impact.

5. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I'm not suggesting Firmino won't be better than Lallana - I suspect he will. I just think deciding that he'll do better without having seen if he can adapt (many players haven't) is a little premature.

Trust me, nothing would make me happier than to see Lallana fail, but I think he'll show a little better this season for you.

6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

He was almost desperate to do well last season which is a good thing as well as bad, I agree he may well settle down and do much better.

7. Diadora Barnes storm

He needs to toughen up a bit, he has all the attributes ability wise. For me, it's as of he feels he doesn't belong at this level. He needs that self confidence a top player has.

Sometimes I see him get into good position's and not pull the trigger, looks like he's scared to be the one who breaks down the play. Which inevitably slows down the play.

He didn't have that problem at Southampton where he was a big fish. Hopefully we'll see a more aggressive player this year as I do think he is actually a quality player.

luvgonzo likes this.
  8. moreinjuredthanowen

i think he likes his hair and trimmed bread more than medals.

9. Diadora Barnes storm

Does He take the crusts off? Everyone knows they put hair on your chest! Maybe that's where he's going wrong.

Nozzer likes this.
  10. moreinjuredthanowen

i reckon he has servants to do that and make cucumber sandwiches.

he wants to replace daniel craig not daniel sturrdige. thats the issue!