1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

ADAMS & WOTTON GONE

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wow I didn't expect that.....although I thought it was the right way ahead it is still a surprise.

Kevin Nancekivell in charge for Saturday.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Very pleased with this even if it is about 3 months too late. There is mention of a certain Steve Evans on the Herald site however that he "could" be a target. If Argyle appointed him then I would like to think he was for everyone with a legal or illegal firearm in the City.

Over to the players then. Time to step up and be counted. Gonna be an interesting evening at Home Park next Saturday.

PGFWhite likes this.
  3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

And at Southend as well....hope that Sunderland are still needing points to get the easier semi-final against Doncaster.....we just need to win...how ugly it doesn't matter.

Although Paul Wotton has gone as well....he will be remembered for his legend status as a player and captain.....as a coach or deputy manager...forget it.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Well I don't believe in changing managers every 5 minutes and Adams suited the club in that he was willing to work within a tight budget.

Many managers wouldn't do that - see Appendix I - Mr. Ian Holloway.

The situation had become untenable though and maybe, just maybe, we can get that dead cat bounce in the one game remaining.

Taylor and Ladapo both to play please Mr. Nancekivell.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I would think that the majority of Div 1&2 managers have to work with a tight budget.

Getting a new manager as a Div 1 club is possibly easier than being a Div 2 club....so lets pull the stops out on Saturday and do what we have to and win.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Nearly four years of Derek Adams and what is the end result....two play-offs, one trip to Wembley and finally one promotion....and to complete the cycle we could end up Saturday back where we started in Div 2.
    Ironically it will be left to others to try and stop that happening and for him to end up leaving with the plus of lifting us up a division.

7. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Thqanks for all you have done Mr Adams, the time is right now for a change

8. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Ollie 2-1 Favourite then Gary Johnson

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I think I would take Holloway now after all this time but he would have to tread carefully with his comments. No bullshit this time. Gary Johnson isn't the healthiest of humans but his record as a manager is brilliant and I wouldn't mind him either.

If it were ever to be Steve Evans I might just get rid of my season ticket and go watch Albion. He would be hated here.

I'm not bothered about the manager right now, we have a bit of an important match to face this weekend first.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Holloway running off to Leicester....and Argyle live on telly weeks later winning 1-0 at Leicester....I found very satisfying.....no thank you Holloway you can stay away.

11. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

The new Manager and Coaches will have the whole off season to sort things out.
    A breath of fresh air some would say.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

That will only work if they've got some players to work with....especially if it's Div 2.....players offered new contracts quite often wait to the bitter end....just in case another club comes calling with a better deal.

13. notDistantGreen

Obviously I've been thinking about this, as have we all.

The fact that Wotton has gone must mean there is trouble in the dressing room. Usually a No 2 would be retained to hold the fort and whether he stays or goes in the long term is the decision of the incoming replacement manager. If he's gone too, he must be seen as being part of the problem.

We've noted before the the rot seemed to set in about the time Craig Brewster left. I don't know what his character was but maybe he was a restraining influence on Adams somewhat blunt style: i.e. "won't play through the pain barrier", "the medical department have said..." [are they not part of the club?], "individual errors costs us".......... and then there are the Ladapo and Lameiras at Oldham mysteries.

Wotton I'd imagine is as much an "in your face" character as a coach as he was as a player and maybe the two of them have just been too much to maintain morale.

Speculation is of course a wonderful thing.....

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Wasn't it Chris Zebroski that had a run in once with Wotton ending in fisticuffs....maybe Wotton had a " in your face" occasion once too often for Zebroski's liking.

Didn't Craig Brewster break a leg (or something similar) and had time off and Adams told him not to bother coming back.....if my memory serves me right Brewster was well upset about that.....and the pair of them had been buddies for quite a few years.

Oscar Threlkeld coming back from injury...got clattered and was sitting on the pitch looking in trouble...continued till half time...and as you said notDistant...we had Adams comment about "playing through the pain barrier".

It all can unsettle a dressing room and undermine relationships very quickly.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

My memory is trying to remember...after Sheridan left....wasn't it Kevin Nancekivell who stood in.....and we lost 4-0....<yikes>.

16. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Is there any odds of Argyle staying up as cannot find anything myself?

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

1000/1 is my guess hp. We have often obliged in filling a billet when it's at the wrong end in our history.

18. notDistantGreen

It's what mathematicians call "vanishingly small"...... tending to zero and although not quite zero, and never will be, so close to it that it makes no difference.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

On winning the match.
    Plymouth............5/4
    Scunthorpe.....19/10
    Draw...............12/5

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I don't think any odds have any meaning this weekend. Depends which teams turn up and it is as simple as that.