1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Advice for a Furrrner Who May Go to the Emirates 8/31 and/or WHL 8/24 (Swansea)?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by redwhiteandermblue, Jun 21, 2013.

1. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

We each had a membership, so it was routine--though my experience of the web site made me wonder if anything could be routine.

Ah, yes, a beer. Any places in mind?...I'm a fan of atmosphere, Susan might prefer something nice (not so likely, I would guess, near a football stadium), and we both like good (by your standards, not ours) beer.

As to "utilitarian" stadiums. I grew up near one: Forbes Field. Great atmosphere. Great big rats. The last thirty years have seen massive investment in sparkling clean stadiums that pay for themselves by drawing entire middle and upper middle class families to the park, instead of the drunk dad who hung out at Forbes.

I have to admit I like the new parks. Sitting at a nice, reasonably priced restaurant eating dinner (an option now) is the best way I can think of to watch a baseball game--though it would be making a travesty of being a football fan.

Spurm, the problem is, I have my eye on the web developer's job, too. Maybe it's a big enough job for both of us.

2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It'd be nice if someone was doing it.

3. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

I'm not a web developer, i'm a software developer, so you are probably the best man for the job. But then, looking at the OS i doubt they've ever picked the best man before, haha.
    My OS would look **** but it would work. If you can make it look good we could be a team. Joint managers :)

4. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

It's a deal. I actually think we'd be a good team. I can't handle the serious programming, not to mention data bases, but am good with html, css and javascript, and graphic design is my thing. We'll just pass along the news to the club, and get ready to start next week...<whistle>