1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

After the break, bit more energy.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Pretty straightforward win, as usual we fluffed some chances but looked much sharper, much more focused and committed. Havertz and Mount, both invisible at the World Cup, had a point to prove and did so. Both were excellent. Now do it again next week and the next 20 weeks.Even Pulisic looked OK, though I doubt he has the character to perform week after week. Reece James was injured , same knee, same problem. So either, he wasn't ready or his operation was not a total success. Hope he wasn't just played too early and hope he will be back soon, though I think he's gone until next season, at best. ACL operations either work or don't work, rarely do you see what has happened to Reece. Definitely not good news. As for the rest, no problems, all played well, even Stirling who really owes us.Zacarriah looked good, ditto Jorginho, but opposition was pretty non existent.
    Glass half full, hopefully first step up the very long ladder to top 4.

2. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

We did play with more energy and looked less tired in comparison to previous weeks so perhaps the break helped. I think we also benefitted from having players in their natural positions. No wingers at wing back, full backs and centre back and midfielders on the wing. We just looked to have a lot more balance although Bournemouth didn’t offer much.

A couple of hard games coming up so we really need to beat Forest tomorrow.