1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Alan Pardew rant at Toon support

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Lieutenant, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Aye. Mike will only have to pay up a years money.

2. Stamford Brook R

Stamford Brook R Well-Known Member

If Pardew was sacked, would the remainder of his contract have to be paid or is there a clause in it? Who would you want as a replacement?

3. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

Still more than he's worth!

Useless git! See who else will be daft enough to give him a job in the top flight!

4. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

No idea! Just speculation about a clause as far as I know... Speculation is founded on the fact it's Ashley, no way he'd give an 8 year contract with no get out... Surely?
    And the other thread has some suggestions on the latter point <ok>

5. nevfur

nevfur Active Member

As this was a misquote this is a bit of a pointless thread really but to add my two happorth i think yet again the atmosphere was abysmal (Totally outsung by two men and a dog from Reading), support for the team very much lacking apart from a few in a couple of sections and yes certain players (not just Mike Williamson) were given flack by our own fans. The same fans who seemed very quiet when it came to actually supporting and cheering on the team.
    The substitutions seemed frustrating but to be fair Marveaux had faded in the second half so shoring up the midfield with the more combative Perch wasnt a bad idea with little else of magic on the bench available. Cabaye as it turns out was injured and Bigi played quite well when he came on. Why Gutierrez stayed on and the pacey Obertan was kept until just ten minutes to go was strange tho, mind it was interesting to see Guti improve when on the right and frustrating to see Obertan bottle a header late on.
    We lost because of our lack of firepower today as Cisse missed out on an easy hat-trick and gets less confident and more panicky by the game and Shola yet again failed to impress after starting a game. We were poor today but created enough chances to score at least 5 or 6 goals. Reading scored the only 2 good chances they created.

6. 2010 tops dog

2010 tops dog Well-Known Member

If this is the case then is tar a pip now for him however he has bigger fish to fry
    And his performance of his current role is more questionable

7. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

As far as I know he'd be paid a year. If I am wrong, there's no way he'd get the full 8.

8. 2010 tops dog

2010 tops dog Well-Known Member

At a guess the fAt controller would have loop hole in the contract
    Regarding who would replace him the problem is the board so
    Who ever came in would have the same issue, even dynamo could not get us out of this mess

9. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Like the Dynamo comment lol

10. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

To be honest they didn't. I was a bit disappointed yesterday with our fans. First the Marveaux sub, despite him barely taking part in the 2nd half, and then Cabaye when he was injured. We'll get no where with that kind of ****e in my book. With Cabaye, it was just embarrassing.

I thought we played well first half yesterday and should have been out of sight. But on a couple of occasions we displayed vulnerability on the break in the wide areas and we were punished for it 2nd half. Santon needs dropped, we can't just go on watching him unable to defend properly. He had a great start to the season but the Norwich game aside, he has had a shocking 2 month spell.

I don't mind fans venting their frustration at the end of a game but mid game hindering the team is daft for me. And certainly not when two of the subs were justifiable. (I'd have left Anita on unless he had an injury?)

11. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Dynamo might still be worth a go. Anyone got his number?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.