1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Alex Scott new Football Focus Host.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Mr Hatem, May 15, 2021.

1. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

All games are in tv this season, that isn’t normal. Does that have an influence on the numbers you have seen?

2. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It hardly makes any difference to the point I made.

3. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

You might if you saw him play for Everton in the 1960s.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

As he died twenty years ago, he’s unlikely to be appearing on Football Focus any time soon.

5. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

That may be true, although there could be some footage of him sometime but that's not what you said though. You didn't mention Football Focus but to be fair, neither did the post to which you were replying.

6. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Holograms man!
    If it's good enough for Kanye Kardashian or whoever they are it's surely good enough for Football Focus?...

7. TonyFinnegan'sCocaineHell

TonyFinnegan'sCocaineHell Well-Known Member

I got a strange feeling when I clicked this thread open, that I would find comments from the sort of people that if their opinions were a sandwich, it would be dogshit and broken glass in Smartprice white.

Glad to see I wasn't disappointed.

8. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

30!!! **** that I’m not doing overtime

Ron Burguvdy likes this.
  9. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Just think of it as working a week in hand. <ok>

10. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

Then after a few weeks you'll be able to claim for repetitive strain syndrome <cheers>

Ron Burguvdy likes this.

11. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

So speaks the expert. :biggrin:

rovertiger likes this.
  12. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It's nice of you as his friend to offer your view from personal experience. <ok>

rovertiger likes this.
  13. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

I have no friends, proof that people can be wise. :emoticon-0100-smile

DMD likes this.
  14. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

<laugh>

15. springtiger

springtiger Well-Known Member

Thought I’d chip in- Alex Scott is flavour of the month now a bit like Ed Sheeran - over exposed , and to some degree if it carries on people will get tired of seeing her . She’s not done just sports progs. But this isn’t about her I think like so many of the female sports commentators they are very knowledgeable and often come at things from a new angle which I like .
    However whilst the rules and techniques are the same the experience male to female is vastly different . In football the pace , physical side tackling etc is vastly different . In cricket it’s the speed at which the ball is bowled that’s another world. I think this is where credibility for female presenters is lacking . I watched the India series with Strauss , a female cricketer and a male presenter who may have been of Indian origins . Strauss had to sit there barely contributing whilst the other two dominated the programme he looked sadly bemused at listening to them - neither will have faced balls at 90mph upwards . Like I say knowledge of the product is great experience of the products highest level potential is another matter. I watched the women’s football World Cup , like the skill and technique but there almost no players notably faster than any others and tackles were very ‘ bland’ and I’m not looking for leg breakers . Most of all the honesty was refreshing
    For me ex players of the male version should be the pundits for male games and the same for the female games - females
    As for box ticking they do this on the news , adverts and many other popular programmes
    It’s a shame we have to do this but after 70-80 years of male dominance in the media especially TV I can understand levelling up.
    Let’s just choose the best person for the job with most knowledge and experience whatever race or gender

16. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

It's a bit like that lad 'Radzi Chinyanganya' presenting the snooker.No offence to the lad but I have no idea what he's actually doing there or what he's bringing to the sport? There are a vast array of ex players who bring experience and knowledge to the programmes and he basically turns to them for comments on the games in progress,the tactics,break building etc.

I suppose the same could be said of Hazel Irvine but at least she keeps her hair in a reasonable state.

The lads probably got a highest break in single digits and clearly has no experience in the sport...Is Alex Scott any good at potting balls?

17. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

I'd rather Alex Scott were over exposed, but each to his/her own.

18. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Yes, she would have been in front of Wolstenholme, Coleman,,Barry Davies etc if they were around nowadays. They didn't have degrees in journalism broadcasting. Neither does David Attenborough. She should be fronting nature programmes instead of an unqualified white male.

19. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

200 club games but 140 caps. That suggests a lack of choices or a lack of club games to play in. If Shilton had had the same ratio of England caps to club games he would have had 1200 caps.

20. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

I haven't seen Radzi Chinyanganya presenting the snooker so I can't comment on the job he does, but I don't think you always need to have a history in the field to be a good sports presenter. I think Mark Chapman is a far superior MOTD presenter to Gary Lineker because he asks the questions I want him to ask the pundits, there's not an assumed knowledge there.