1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Alfie Kilgour

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Jan 4, 2023.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Alfie Kilgour is wanted by three clubs in this transfer window. Exeter City, Mansfield Town and Colchester United. JB has already stated that Kilgour could be on the move this window and with Ollie Clarke being at Mansfield they could well team up again

2. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

As he’s a Rovers lad through and through it’s a pity that he doesn’t fit into Barton’s plans but he hasn’t played particularly confidently whenever he gets a chance.

I wonder if it will be a loan or a permanent transfer?

3. old timer

Reading JB's comments I think it will be a permanent move, shame really because I believe a good run would have been beneficial and helped him regain his form

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I'll be honest with you, I don't think he's good enough for a top half League 1 team so probably best for his own career to move on to get regular football because he will decline if stuck on our bench or not even in the match day squad.

old timer and Bluebaldee like this.
  5. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Alfie has signed for Mansfield Town on a permanent deal.

Best of luck Alfie and thanks for everything.

old timer likes this.
  6. old timer

Teaming up with Ollie Clarke and in Nigel Clough has a good manager. When we played the u23s games near the mall I often had a chance to speak with him and he was a really nice guy, sorry to see him leave but I hope the future is really k9ind too him Thanks Alfie for all you have done for the Rovers.

2 defenders out no players in and we aren't keeping enough clean sheets, be interesting to see who arrives, we need an experienced CB and a LB

Bluebaldee likes this.
  7. old timer

Put in 2 good performances and scored 2 goals, why wasn't he given a fair chance at the Rovers, at least he always tried to stop the goals going in our net. They reckon our squad is stronger now than before the transfer window opened.
    Morecombe, Accrington and M K Dons all in the bottom 5 and we are stronger now? then I would say League 2 here we come

8. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Hope he does really well. Looks like a new lease of life for him. This playing out from the back has cost us a lot of goals this season to be honest, and I'm not sure this is the way to go anyway in the higher leagues.

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

A decent L2 side his is level in fairness. Good luck to him. Looks like he is thriving already. Does Ollie Clarke still play for them?

10. old timer

Yes CJS he does along with Hiram Boeteng and J - J - O'Toole.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.