1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

All EFL Games Cancelled

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Dopey I'm talking about Brits coming back in as well.

Everybody entering should have been checked. Heat guns are very cheap.

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Explain to me what us great Brits done that’s better?
    We allowed one of the busiest events to continue this week. If they all washed their hands for 20 seconds after a piss they would still be queuing before they needed another piss.
    Without the knowledge from Italy being the hot spot of the virus we would of carried on as normal telling everyone it will be ok it’s just the same as flu.
    But in reality it started as one or two people in China about 3 months ago but travelled the world. Flu does kill more but that is only because we’ve got the data on the flu. But so far in Italy they’ve run out of morgues and having to store the dead in churches etc. If the flu does kill more, it certainly does not kill people or spread as fast.
    No I’m not panicking for myself but with my father having cancer that is looking like he’s not going to recover now as his chemo has stopped the bone marrow producing bloods, (since last August) so can’t have the operation to remove the tumour in his bladder. It’s people like him I’m worried for.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  3. Red Robin

Glad he is history:emoticon-0137-clapp:emoticon-0137-clapp:emoticon-0137-clapp

4. Red Robin

Thoughts with you ROD not a nice place to be -i went through what your going through with my mum five years ago.

Cancer is horrible and has no friends.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  5. RedorDead

You’re going to be crying soon when you will be greeting people Hindu style, instead of hand shakes.

6. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My sympathies ROD. I can totally appreciate your concern for your dad - you don't need the added pressure of a rogue viral infection compounding his situation.

Redprintt likes this.
  7. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

that cruise ship was a clue to containment... it became a series of nuclei, so 1 got it but started spreading it, their 14 days overlapped so latterly infected were out of isolation [ after "14 days" ] as it became active etc etc ……….. and it was an enclosed space with the air being pumped around the ship …..
    nobody CAN SAY how is the right way or wrong way to go about it [isolation/ period confinement ] especially non medical professionals spouting how poorly governments or hospitals / staff treat it. It is not yet 12 weeks in the making, and bearing in mind they guess at up to 14 days of incubation / passing on, that is no time at all [ indeed the first case might have been a fair time longer than first published, Dec 2019 ]

8. johngalleyfan2

Cheltenham . Princess Anne [ royal gloved hand ] shook hands with first dignatory, then second [ a comment made? ] sort of looks at her hand then shakes the third .. then surreptitiously wiped her gloved hand down her coat!!!!:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

9. johngalleyfan2

having had a few hours to digest the football postponements I think the Prem and EFL were a bit premature in stopping it... as a crowd sporting event … any fixture that had squads that were Covid free could have played behind closed doors … ok no income but the Prem and EFL could have paid the players wages for those games! … they aint poor and would encourage them to be harsher on ALL clubs breaking the FFP in future which will become an excuse no doubt for teams on the brink or over the max … how can they freeze the season! makes no sense. How sick will it be if they say sorry LPOOL you never won the league ...COVID 2019 DID ….. or a team that avoids relegation, gets relegated next season at the expense of another who should have gone down !
    I think on a time scale it will be at least 4 weeks before football is considered .. most contracts end June 30th .. so the whole of May could be set aside for fixtures SUMMER FOOTBALL INTERNATIONALS POST PONED Domestic football is the life blood and should be held sacrosanct ……

10. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I can't see football restarting before the middle of May

In that case - cancel the Euro's (play in 2021)
    Play the games left in the summer to finish the current season - we have 9 games to go, so playing Saturday/Tuesday would take 5 weeks
    Remaining European ties (QF onwards) to be one leg - home team decided in normal way in draw
    Start the 2020/21 season slightly later
    For one season only do not play the League Cup - this frees up more midweek dates
    For one season only the FA Cup to have no replays
    Play the Champions League and Europa League as straight knock-out in 2020/21

11. robin_unreliant

robin_unreliant Active Member

Maybe they would rather postpone in the hope they can be played with a crowd rather than play now BCD with zero income. I don't see how the season willbe able to finish by May without playing BCD though. This situation is going to go on for months. Numbers may drop while we all stay at home but there is bound to be a 2nd phase as soon as we slacken off the controls so it could on for some time.

12. johngalleyfan2

YEP domestic football is bread and butter

can change both ends of it

don't think this would make much difference .. squads tend to play "b" teams to an extent

difficult, as the system is over laying .. these are prem club teams so they play 6 games to determine division .. they could play .. PREM GAME THEN ...Friday night Monday/Tues night Friday night Monday/Tues night … away one weekend home the next .. prem game THEN a couple weeks later play the mid week remaining fixtures [ 2 ] They would only lose 2 weekends...……. concentrated football but is early season! [ teams same country, in Europa league vice versa could allow for training facility between these games ]

England/ world friendlies … qualifiers … just take out 1 weekend they play 1 either side of Christmas

13. johngalleyfan2

cable TV COMPANIES would transmit games and charge a fee a one off fee of say £30 .. so a family of 2- 3- 4 would benefit or a group of mates
    money goes a pool shared out to home club with usual amounts % if any to away club [ all clubs BCD]

14. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

The peak of this flu is 10 weeks plus away.
    Season will be cancelled.
    Leeds and WBA will be promoted.
    Liverpool will be crowned champions and there won't be any relegations from the Prem.
    Following season 5 will be relagted.

Simples.

RedorDead likes this.
  15. RedorDead

So your logic is that players playing behind closed doors protects who?
    Players get sick too so teams could be playing with their fit only players.
    Self isolate players for 7 days then they are all clear? On that basis they would only be able to come into contact with players who have also self isolated. For that to happen will mean they don’t come into contact with their immediate families. If not then their immediate families would have to be self isolated and they can’t come into contact with their immediate families, and the list goes on.
    Just so Sky and fans can watch football.
    Or do what Redprint suggested or SMHBCFC.
    At the end of the day not one of us have lived through what the world is starting to go through. So none of us know the outcome. We hope that these delays stop it but we don’t know.
    As Boris says, some of us are going to lose loved ones. Like it or not it’s going to get someone and hopefully it’s not someone close to people on here.

16. johngalleyfan2

At the end of the day not one of us have lived through what the world is starting to go through. So none of us know the outcome. Made a similar comment myself, however taking chunks out of the population that are not affected [ like footballers or other professions ] might seem like a good idea .. but the planning thought behind it is not to stop the spread through the players [ which must be a consideration if 1 is affected ] but as you say in the simplistic terms is passes one then to another etc … the worry is mass infection of say [ by ] 1 or 2 in in a gate of x? thousand would trigger multichannel spread [ maybe out of 80 fixtures 2 or 3 games? ] contact is close, breathing enhanced via shouting, wind carries, touch etc etc spreads viral entity, those 1 or 2 could leave the ground and 50 -100 [or more ?] would be infected /carriers .. result rapid expansion and NHS over run / workers not working and a collapse.
    the underlying plan [ like years ago when were kids ..Jimmy has measles so send the kids round to wish him well ] to allow people to have it … but not deliberately .. as no plan is water tight and cases will slip through … the learned PROFFESSORS BELIEVE IT HAS A SALE BY DATE … when it will become less virulent.. one source stated between 40 -60% of the population may succumb worst case scenario … however the provisio was more like less than 20% in 3 month's

17. RedorDead

So by professionals you mean nursing and doctors but you want footballers to be in that bracket as well?
    You talk about measles like in the good old days you willingly passed it around. Shame you didn’t have the information that it killed 140 thousand in 2018 and yet it’s inoculated now. But hey ho that’s what we done in the past so it’s ok.
    Perhaps you ought to call the CMO and inform him so you can watch football from your BBC website.

18. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Spain must be 10 time worse according to your theory OS.....They've seen the Chinese and now the Italians....and now in lock down 3 weeks on...
    Sorry, I don't agree with your views, the problem was, what strategic measures could they have taken 3 weeks ago? Every country are falling into the same predicament....to say it was Italy's fault is harsh and ridiculous

RedorDead likes this.
  19. RedorDead

Should of shut their borders and stopped those foreigner chaps spreading it like RR says.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  20. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Really sorry to hear about your dad Rod, I had the same with both my parents..really tough.....stay strong bud..