1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

All stop for a bit of snow...

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swanseaandproud, Mar 1, 2018.

1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

This country makes me laugh when we have a covering of snow.....Schools close, Trains stop running, Buses stop. People panic buy and the country comes to a stand still...<laugh>......Our schools rarely closed their doors in the 50s 60s unless there was a significant amount of snow or the boilers broke down......I can understand Scotland shutting down but Wales could easily go about their business if it really wanted too.....<laugh>

mustyfrog and swantastic like this.
  2. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Agree with you Dai. I walked home 10 miles from school once when the buses stopper running and 4 or 5 miles to work for the same reason as well on more than one occasion. People seem to lack mental toughness these days and I've been saying for a long time that if it was 1939 the Panzers would be marching down the Mall in three months. And on WOL some are moaning because we've missed it and they couldn't have a buckshee day off.. They must be a sandwich short of a picnic. Stinking stuff , dangerous to walk on , dangerous to drive on and filthy when t's thawing. In Morrisons this morning for my weekend shop virtually no bread, fresh fish, fresh fruit and veg or milk. This is because their main distribution depot is on the outskirts of Bridgewater which has been badly hit and they've had no delivery.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Some schools closed and not a single snow flake in sight...<laugh> In the 50s & 60s we had great fun having snowball fights at play time...<laugh>

mustyfrog likes this.