1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Allams out

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by steverico, Dec 3, 2022.

1. steverico

steverico Well-Known Member

Seeing as I got binned off the RIP thread, fair enough if that’s the rules, Let’s see if this one makes it.
    I shook the fellas hand a couple of days after he took over and thanked him, the first few years were fantastic, apart from sacking Sir Nick, but the Steve Bruce appointment was genius.

Then I suspect Ehab got involved too much and got in the old fellas head with the incredibly stupid Hull Tigers Crap, then the fans turned, over the next year or so we lost 10,000 supporters coming through the gates.

We got the piss took out of us at the FA Cup semi, for not filling our end, we got the piss took at the play off final v Wednesday, rightly so, even though we won, for only having 25k fans there.

We won that final only for our most successful manager to quit, just before starting a Premier League season, was that a first?

The fans who still attended spent the next 5 years wanting the Allams gone, indeed Ehab tried to run my daughter off the M62 on the way back from the Man City league cup game cos we were giving him the finger.

Hull City made many millions of pounds during the Allam era, no one really knows what happened to them, Ehab bought super cars and a yacht, Assem very generously gave millions to Hull and ER Health trust for projects which will benefit residents for many years, and I am very grateful.

But, the name change was a step too far, and it, for me, was enough to not mourn his passing, but think, why did you do it, it could have been so good.

Indeed it was good, the FA Cup final, the journey to Europe, the promotions, superb, but the name change, it will always sully his memory for me.

Ive screenshotted this lot, cos I will forget wot I wrote, Ernie Wise

2. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Everyone has their faults, I’ll always be grateful for the good times, but he failed when it seemed so easy to succeed. I’m not going to go on about the stuff that’s now history.
    I think most of the negativity started when Ehab took control, the old man had a good relationship with SB, but Ehab stepping in created a huge divide between everyone, not just them & the fans, it really was the beginning of the end.
    Whilst AA let it happen, his health seemed to go downhill from when Ehab took the reins.
    At the end of the day, the old man was someone who did good for the city, but bad for the club. He was no Hitler, so I think a little bit of respect should go to him at this time.
    At the end of the day Steve, it’s how you see him, how some others see him, but for me, it’s still a day that I won’t be cheering.

Steven Toast likes this.
  3. ThunderCityAFC

ThunderCityAFC Well-Known Member

Time will tell. I think all the the things he did 'good', were for his own benefit and to endear himself to the public in the hope of greater recognition as a philanthropist.
    A Knighthood, perhaps, or at least an OBE.
    All the things he did bad were to smite us for denying his deity.

Large Elephant, Shag, PLT and 5 others like this.
  4. steverico

No I’m not cheering it, I feel sorry for the family, but I blame Ehab, it always seems the case that kids of very wealthy men seem to be complete arseholes, Trumps a case in point, but for his pettiness and spite we should still be a Premier League team, instead he took us into league one.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  5. springtiger

springtiger Well-Known Member

Clever imaginative and creative people develop businesses (Assem) then later ‘accountants’ run them and they don’t progress . Ehab looked to the bottom line , not what could be put in at the top to get more out at the bottom . Been there twice and suffered for it myself .

steverico likes this.
  6. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

Your post was quite rightly deleted from the RIP thread.
    ****ish to start your boring drivel again on a new thread.

7. steverico

Don’t read it then, ****er

TwoWrights likes this.
  8. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

It’s just unnecessary

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  9. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

I don't have any problem with him starting or having a thread.If people want to Allam Bash,then surely this is the place to be?

It's better on here than on a thread strictly designated for us to show our respect.Some of the comments Yesterday were sickening,disgusting,bitter and pathetic from alleged grown ups!!!

The Allams were divisive owners,I didn't have many issues to be honest but others did and still have,let others discuss and get things off their chests.Nobody is forced to read it...

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2022
  10. Ric Glasgow

Had a nightmare with that post!!!

The Gist was basically,he's entitled to start a thread,people are entitled to add or ignore and if it keeps the bile off the RIP thread then good!!!

He pays his money to support the Club,has issues with the Allams and wants to discuss...

Discuss or don't discuss,it's optional.

steverico likes this.

11. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Much better to have a thread with an appropriate title so you can read or ignore as you wish

steverico likes this.
  12. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

I haven't posted on the RIP thread and out of respect for his family won't. For the hospitals and university Allam was superb, for City, GTF, and it's spot on that this thread is the one that you should be able to post that view, and those that don't like what's on here are free to avoid it.

Kalman, HHH, steverico and 1 other person like this.
  13. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

All his gifts to the city have his name all over them to remind us of the fact.

Kempton and PLT like this.
  14. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

mega rich people always do that
    but at least their ego gives something good

Evington and TwoWrights like this.
  15. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

So? Tate and Carnegie were the same. And Rockefeller.

TwoWrights likes this.
  16. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

People who aren’t mega rich can’t afford to do it.And a lot who are wealthier than Allam do nothing.

17. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

I doubt any of the people who have benefited from his donations nor those who will benefit in the future will care why he did it and if his name is on the building or not.

18. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

Whataboutery

19. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

that's castros modius operandi

Kalman likes this.
  20. Ric Glasgow

What about whatery???:emoticon-0103-cool:

TwoWrights likes this.