1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Alternatives

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by The Omega Man, Nov 1, 2017.

1. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

It has been said plenty of times that the owners of the club should do this and should do that, but we as far as I can recall we have not discussed how to implement changes. I have a genuine interest in the answers.

1/ How can concessions be re-introduced?

2/ How a return to using the West Stand Upper work?

Is £21 per month an attractive price to pay to watch a Championship team, if you are not a concession. Would those who are paying the lower bands of membership pay more and if so how much more would they be willing to pay? Ehabs interview showed that the club's price per seat policy would still be used to some degree if concessions were imposed. So what are the alternatives?

Honestly, I do not think that a simple return to £30 season tickets for young supporters is going to happen, as much as I would like it to. But what would be the right amount?
    Its the same with the over 65 concession, what is the right level and what would the affect on gate receipts?

Personally, I think that changes need to be made, but how will supporters view another seat move?

Two things have been said to me by mates, in recent days, hence the questions.
    What do we think new owners would do with the membership scheme and how would supporters react to paying more, so that others get concessions?

The easy answer will be just do it, but I cannot see an easy answer myself. I am not saying we should stick with what we have, but I really have not seen anyone put forward alternatives.

Maybe, just maybe, the collective knowledge and experience on here, could put together alternatives that are viable and even if they do not appeal to the current owners, they may appeal to new ones.

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The best way to implement the changes, is for the owners to **** off and let someone else do it.

3. The Omega Man

Great post

4. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Enough said.

Close the thread? :emoticon-0103-cool::emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl

5. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

In all seriousness, regardless of what logical and best-thought plan is created, it wouldn’t ever be considered because that’d mean admitting defeat on the membership scheme. They don’t seem to back down on anything - regardless of how wrong they are. Stubborn is an understatement. How they’ve lasted long in business with that attitude I’ll never know!

highpeak tiger likes this.
  6. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

I said this when they removed concessions, I would happily more for my season ticket to subsidise families being able to go.

I got some free tickets from the club when I was 5, following that me and my dad had a season ticket for 20 years, it was well worth the investment the club made to give a few free tickets.

It got me to love Hull City, so I would pay a bit more to allow children free tickets or bring back some form of concessions.

Admittedly I am no longer a member until they leave.

Newland Tiger and Bergerac28 like this.
  7. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

It is a pretty pointless one. They're not difficult challenges at all; reinstating concessions or opening up the west upper. Every other club manages it.

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  8. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

In my opinion:

Re introduction would be a chance to modernise the concession bands. Modern life is such now that most youngsters don't work until they're at least 21
    (not 16-18 like it was 20+ years go) and we no longer retire at 65. So, I'd have 4 bands as such. Something like per year (or divide by 12 for a monthly
    membership )
    U10 £ 120 W/E £ 100 N/S
    11-21 £ 220 W/E £ 200 N/S
    22-69 £ 420 W/E £ 400 N/S
    70+ £ 320 W/E £ 300 N/S
    Disabled concession of 25% discount on above plus a free carer.

And then operate these bands based on 2 prices - one for west/east and another for north/south.

BUT and it's a big but I just don't think there's an appetite for fans to move seats yet again.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  9. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

The only way we can get them to leave is for somebody to buy them out. So I guess we have to find somebody willing to do that. I'm sure if we knew any billionaires who wanted to buy a football club, or even somebody who wasn't rich but could afford it we'd be on the phone to them.

10. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

Sack the membership scheme off, and go back to old fashioned season tickets, reopen West Upper and have a priority based system based on historic records as to who gets first dibs on which seats. Pricing to be roughly in line with what it was pre-membership when we didn't really have that many issues with attendances.

Only problem is, that whilst the Allams are in charge there will be a number who will stay away and not go, so it's not just as simple as changing the ticketing methodology, given that they aren't going - as there is no willing investor, as opposed to them wanting to stay, to have any chance of success would also need a mahoosive step back from the name change shambles, which is never ever ever going to happen as it'd mean them admitting they were massively wrong, and such is the hubris that I truly believe they'd rather siphon off whatever cash they can til breakeven then bin us that admit fault and get us back on track.

11. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

It's not a great post Tom. It's just the way it is.

12. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

There are plenty willing to buy it.

Evington likes this.
  13. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

I'm sure if the selling price was realistic there would be a buyer.

"There's no one who wants to buy Hull City"

Really?

Maybe they do, but the current selling price is ludicrously high.

Evington and PLT like this.
  14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

It's not even just that. There have been buyers willing to payu an excessively high price, but who eventually walked away because the Allams moved the goalposts repeatedly. They don't want to sell it, and want us to think that they can't.

15. City Man

This also creates a belief among HDM numpties that the club is not of interest to investors because ' no one's coming in to buy it'.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Evington and PLT like this.
  16. The Omega Man

So when new owners come along, we just say, it’s your club and your money do what you want, or do we take part in consultations to make sure that any transition works for all concerned?

dennisboothstash likes this.
  17. City Man

Open the gate
    Open the West Upper
    Restore concessions
    Scrap membership
    Same price in all stands
    Name back on the badge
    Name used again on all club communication
    Get rid of Steve Jordan.

One minute to type that , 5,000 fans back on the gate.

It's OK, I'll forego my consultancy fee.

18. The Omega Man

"Same price in all stands" Really...for everyone?

19. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I think the Trust provided the club with a worked case for keeping concessions and keeping the club in one the same?

Personally I would be prepared to pay more if concessions were introduced that, but I’ve always said that.

I think OAPs and kids should be concession prices, but if anything kids should be cheaper than OAPs

I’m happy with a rolling direct debit contract for a season ticket, although if I was the club I’d only allow cancellation close season rather than anytime for financial planning purposes

20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

They did, I came up with it, though I can't actually remember what I proposed. I'll see if I can find it.

dennisboothstash likes this.