1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Amos

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Ccfc4ever, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

A lot of people (including myself) seemed quite skeptical when we signed Amos from Bolton thinking he wasn't the quality that we needed at the time. What are your views of him now? he's turned my opinion of him as a shot stopper and as the first line of an attack on its head and i now want us to sign him permanently ASAP as a successor to Marshie i don't think we could have done much better to be honest.

2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

I was dubious as to why we'd want someone who wasn't getting game time from the division below us. From what I've read since it appears financial ftom a Bolton stand point. Jury is still out. Would like our keeper to be a permie though.

3. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

The problem is no one we sign will be anywhere near as good as Marshall.

Some good saves , decent in the air. Should have stopped the wurzels goal.

Jurys out - but optimistic.

4. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Played well v Wendies. Keep that up and he gets my vote. <ok>

5. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not going to hold that Wurzel nearside post goal against him too much though it's generally a bit of a black mark when a keeper concedes like that. The fact is he's still in his mid twenties and I'd like to think he compares well with Marshie at that stage in his career.

Marshall was no great shakes when he came to us from Norwich and many on here preferred Heaton at the time. He was sometimes shaky on crosses and his distribution was woeful. At least Amos seems better on those issues at the same age than Marshall was then and just as good a shot stopper.

Let's hope he improves through his late 20's and becomes at least as good as him. If that hapens he'll be Prem quality and in demand.

6. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

There are plenty of similar quality keepers in this division. They are all capable of blinding saves & glaring mishaps; it's the very nature of being a keeper. Marshall had his share of blunders.

For me it's though as important that a keeper commands his box and can handle crosses etc as tipping over a 30 yard pile driver or blocking point blank from 3 yards.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.