1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

An Ayrshire Derby at Hampden.

Discussion in 'Kilmarnock' started by ex-german exile, Oct 26, 2011.

1. ex-german exile

Now wouldn't that be brilliant?

The chances are better than one in three.

Does anybody know when the draw is?

2. SuperStuKFC

SuperStuKFC Member

Its Thursday I believe, not sure when/where but that was the day mentioned on the radio last night. I cant believe that the semi isnt going to be played until the last weekend in January and the final isnt until the middle of march. They should have the Semis and Final before Christmas especially with the backlog that will probably come about in January / Feb with the expected snow!!

3. Same old Bonbon 19

SFA/SFL at their best just hope we run into a bit of form in January.We were dire last night so we can only hope we get the scum in the semi,s because as I write the sellick are humping the Hibs.I wouldnt want an A&rshire semi at the national midden too big for us.They will play it midweek so the maximum we could hope for would be 10-12,000 which inside the SFAs playdome is just pants.Best alternative IMO would be the methadome at full capacity.With the opposing fans in close proximity we could smell them as well as see them so gas masks at the ready.

4. ex-german exile

Which methadome?

The question is irrelevant anyway as they won't move it from Hampden.

We got over 10K for the cup replay at RP a few years ago and it was live on SKY on a Thursday night, so I'd like to think we'd get more for semi-final. Still even 15,000 would be lost in the wide open spaces of Queens Park.

Also, I think the semifinals last season were at the weekend. Not 100% sure. Anyway, if its midweek its 50/50 whether I'll make it. Not sure where (or if) I'll be working then.

5. Same old Bonbon 19

St Mirren park = methadome

The ludicrous thing is that even if Aberdeen and ICT had made it into the semis the old farts would have still insisted on a midweek semi at Hampden.Taking it anywhere else would cost them money which sadly is what its all about, no thought for the fans as usual.It would make sense for example if Falkirk and the scum are drawn together to play it at Motherwell but theres more chance of Gadaffi's mail being delivered to the right address.

6. ex-german exile

7. BobTheYank

BobTheYank Member

It's A*r United for us! I sure wish I could go. Hopefully the Killie World team will be broadcasting.

8. SuperStuKFC

SuperStuKFC Member

Hopefully we get the Saturday if they are at Hampden before the pitch gets too cut up (although not too confident if goes by the draw ie match 1 then match 2). If it is at Hampden I can see us tearing them apart on the wide pitch!! Not so sure that we would get anywhere near capacity though - think 30k may be pushing it, Unless the Government fancy giving free tickets to schools in the ayrshire!
    Great chance to get to a final and sure Kenny wont have missed the fact that they have beaten St Mirren / Hearts / Inverness along the way.
    KTID
    A*r WFAANW

9. Same old Bonbon 19

I want to ask ....just who at Killie wants to take the semi final to Edinburgh ?( thats if it has been accurately reported )

In these austere times it doesnt make sense but then again MJ has only sycophants around him, or is he pulling a stroke of genius ?
    Afterall soopkitchen a*r are used to going to Hampden, they must have played Queens Park in the 2nd and 3rd division loads of times.

10. greenhenky

greenhenky Member

Ayr Ayr super Ayr have a decent record against you soap dodgers in both cups so its an Ayr v Celtic final for me <ok>

11. Same old Bonbon 19

Soapdodger!!!!! this from a resident of the san girodome who has a penchant for a&rshires 3rd team.

Its a big team final for me Killie V Falkirk nice wee rerun of 97 <middlefingerstuckupcoveredinthekeechoffthescumersetfrontdoor>

12. ex-german exile

Kenny Shiels said that 20,000 would be lost in Hampden and maybe it would be more sensible to play it at a smaller ground. The only options are both in Edinburgh. Fair comment IMO.

Brian Reid said he thought his players had earned the right to play at Hampden. Also a fair comment IMO.

The Daily Record found these comments enough to report that "a battle over the venue had erupted at both clubs". Typical sensationalistic Bollox IMO.

13. greenhenky

greenhenky Member

on your original question ya dirty Killie tramp i think Hampden is pish for atmosphere but i think a few folk might be surprised at the interest this game generates so it has to be Hampden for me. Swinecastle and Easter road are what? 20,000 capacity each roughly? i reckon they will fill that easy for a saturday semi final that's near enough 3 months of hype away, so Hampden is the only real option.

14. Same old Bonbon 19

Thanks for your opinion you flea ridden bi polar bheggar,isn't it nice to get the pleasantries out of the way early doors.

I concur with your synopsis of the situation in that Hampden is the obvious solution however for the sake of a good argument how about Castle Greyskull?

Its very convenient for both set of fans, nearer therefore more carbon friendly, keeps us away from the smelly east end of Glasgow and venturing into the big city where we country folk might catch something, it would help out our feeder club the one thats full of Killie fans with bus fares and it would have the celeriac fans jumping up and down in their shellsuits, beelin with rage and paranoia.?

Thoughts?