1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

An open letter from Ehab...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Aug 9, 2019.

1. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

Well said

2. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

So, we are not really so far apart.

I only offered an opinion, not a directive. Agreeing, or not, would be better served provoking discussion, rather than the usual vitriol and rather tired cliques that still spoil this board. Maybe cliques is too organised a term, but we see it.
    You summed up the Allams quite adequately, so why, now we have spent the time giving, bending and generally being nice guys, do we still use them as a reason not to support our club? Especially if supporting our club is what we want to do. Play with symantics, but deal with what is available.
    Gradually they are winning their fight against supporters. Think about it.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  3. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Fair comment; we disagree. Such is life.

Kempton likes this.
  4. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Fine. I accept your challenge, but sometime tomorrow. <cheers>

5. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I didn't stop going under Fish, Buchanan/Hinchcliffe, or even Lloyd, the **** him. But then they were relatively easy to get rid of.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  6. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

They were relatively easy to get rid of because the club was floundering at the bottom of the Football League ladder and their collective investment/interest in the club was peanuts in comparison to the present owners. Fish was a paid employee, Buchanan @ Hinchcliffe paid nothing for the club and Lloyd knew he would get his relatively small investment back when he sold Boothferry Park..

Kempton likes this.
  7. Kempton

Yes I know <ok>

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  8. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

What's the difference this time then? There was potential ground / name change with some of those was there not? Your obviously a older guy then me who's be a fan countless years... I just wonder why stop now when the club's had some awful owners and it didn't stop you before

9. Kempton

I refer you to my post above. You know, the one you've just replied to :emoticon-0143-smirk

10. Howdentiger2

Makes absolutely no sense but fair enough, it was a genuine question.

11. Kempton

Hmm. Then I refer you to Ulrika's post above? I'm honestly not sure what you don't get :emoticon-0138-think

12. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Maybe he can't understand why you have a different opinion to his ? I'm not sure

Kempton likes this.
  13. Howdentiger2

Seriously....I asked a genuine questions as to why he stopped going because of the Allams but not the other awful owners we have had. I said previously I respect his choice, I just wondered why now and not then.

You really can't ask a simple question on here without the usual suspects being absolute bellends

14. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

One reason could be that with previous owners you were stood with 3,000 or so like minded souls watching the direst football imaginable and despite it all still felt a connection to what you still regarded as your club. The Allams removed that feeling from a lot of long time fans.

15. Kempton

No it's because I'm a "bellend" :biggrin:

spesupersydera likes this.
  16. Howdentiger2

That may very well be the case and would be a fair understandable answer but as per he just decided to be his usual self and give a pointless flippant comment.

17. Howdentiger2

The fact I have a different opinion to him on some things is the reason why he can't give a genuine answer.... I wasn't fishing or being an arse, I honestly genuinely wondered why the Allams finally made him stay away when other horrible owners hadn't, even with potential ground and names changes

18. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

So would I mate but as I read all the usual verbals,distrust and blatant sh!tstirring currently being thrown about on here yet again the likelihood of getting 20K together to make a stance is about as far away as Knitting fog on the Titanic mate.

Rant over...

19. Kempton

THE OTHERS WERE RELATIVELY EASY TO GET RID OF! That's a good reason very easy to understand answer to your question. When that wasn't enough for you, I referred you to good posts by Ulrika and Barchullona. I'll say again, what is it you don't understand, Mr Howdentiger2?
    Back in Martin Fish's day I didn't concern myself with the politics of football. I was just a football fan, watching my team, so Iv'e got nothing to remember on that, or very little anyway. The football was dire, but I was used to that and actully didn't mind. It was all about being there for me. The atmosphere was actually fantastic to me. I loved match day. I saw Waggy, Chiltern, Butler and the rest, but I have a very vague memory of that. I only know I saw the 'Clock stand' because my Dad told me I did. My memory probably isn't helped, by the fact I'd spend most of them games staring at someones back with my bottom lip out <laugh>

The Lloyd days. I did get involved. Joining Tigers CO-OP, (Iv'e still got my membership card) and going to meetings at 147 on Spring bank. Going well into my over draught to pay the fees for My Dad and brother-in-law (They never did pay me back :angry:). But yeah, I still attended because I felt very much a part of it.

The Allams have willingly set out to hurt Hull City fans and now the Parachute money has gone, they want us to help them out.

I say 'Get ****ed'.

Hope this helps, Sir.

20. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

What the small proportion of City fans who post on here say and do is immaterial in the scheme of things.
    And it would be a problem getting 20,000 chanting Allams out anyway as those chanting that were only a handful of troublemakers who were booed by their fellow fans. The silent majority back the Allams and agree with everything they do. Dr Allam said that was the case so it must be a FACT.

Kempton likes this.