1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

An Outstanding Bet

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by Ron, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

X Factor Winning Act
    Ella Henderson 4/5
    Jahmene Douglas 13/2
    Union J 8
    James Arthur 9
    Jade Ellis 20

So far James has not put a foot wrong. All the others are either poor or very good but have had an off week at some stage. He is so natural, confident yet humble. Although he's nothing like Elvis, he reminds me of him. He is outstanding and does not need X Factor. Whatever happens in X Factor, he will be a major success. At 9/1 he seems outstanding value.

2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

X-Factor...!!!

Ron, should this really be on this thread...??? Maybe youve had a glass of vino too many when posting this...<laugh><laugh>

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Racing and GAMBLING Red

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

PS. Come to think of it I did have a few glasses of wine last night. It's my wife's birthday on Tuesday, my son was over from England for a few days and it was his last night; so we had a birthday dinner.

However it didn't affect my judgement as I've been threatening to post this since the first time I heard him. He really is good and we'll hear a lot more of him. 9/1 for him and 4/5 for the 16 year old is just ridiculous (good as she is).

5. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You just post away Ron! Personally speaking I think Jade is a great bet but obviously she needs to get through tonight after an understandably sub standard performance. If she avoids the vote then I expect her price to crash.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

X Factor Winning Act

Ella Henderson 8/11
    Jahmene Douglas 6
    James Arthur 7
    Union J 9
    Jade Ellis 25

NB. James Arthur now down to 7/1

7. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

NB. James Arthur now down to 7/1...

Ronwise speaks... Ronwise moves...<laugh><laugh>

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

At 8/11 I would lay Ella all day long......................................but she's not my type.

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

More money going in the right place. Top price 13/2 (with one bookie only). 9/2 and 4s elsewhere!

You heard it here at 9/1 remember. Just took all the backers time to realise that here is a major, major talent.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Top priced 9/2 now. 7/2 with some. I see Ella has drifted out to evs and odds against <laugh>.

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Best price 7/2 now.

XF 20121029.JPG

13. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

Never watched X Factor but have found myself watching it the last few weeks. It makes me quite angry that I have been hooked on what I can clearly see is very sh*te very trashy tv! It even wound me up when it went to deadlock yesterday but its not a surprise it goes to deadlock every week because keeping the contestant with the most votes makes the most sense financially for the show.

Not that impressed with Ella, find her really dull. James just seems to ad lib far too much and ends up going off on one and screaming at the microphone, some people seem to mistake that for "connecting with the song" or some such poncy x factor speak. Jahmaine would be my bet for the win, easily the best singing voice in the competition and seems to have the public support behind him.

14. ArkleSupreme

ArkleSupreme New Member

X Factor ???????

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Interesting Jeff

If Jahmaine wins I doubt I'll be watching it again. Personally, I disagree with the judges on him. As far as I'm concerned he can not sing. He has an exceptional range (which sometimes is almost squealing) and somehow manages to control his voice when making up his own notes. But, and it's a big but, when he sings with other people, a song that is well known, he does not sing in tune. I thought he was amazing when he sang At Last but since then he's gone downhill in my opinion.

Ella has a lovely voice when singing the right songs but her horrible forced throaty noise makes me cringe and she murdered that song on Saturday after sounding fantastic for the first 30 secs.

Apparently a top disc jockey (forgotten his name already) has made exactly the same points about these 2. Nice to know someone agrees with me.
    please log in to view this image

It seems a lot of top performers rate James. I really don't know why he is not favourite and still believe my 9/1 was good value. Come the final he can be laid off for a nice profit whatever happens.

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This is just ridiculous. We have a megastar in our midst and he's not even favourite. Should be odds on.

Hasn't sung one wrong note in the whole competition, and that's live, plus he can take any song and re-arrange it to make it as good as, if not better, than the original.

Remember the name James arthur and that he was once available at 9/1 to win X Factor. What a joke.

I can see why some people refuse to watch it but once in a while it does unearth megastars (eg Leona Lewis, One Direction - and now James Arthur).

17. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Ron,

Whilst i agree with you that James Arthur is a class act, you have to remember these shows are decided on the public vote, and therefore the person with the most votes win the competition.

I have no doubt that those pricing up the outrights have access to the votes being cast. For example, when Rylan was in a sing off with Kye, Rylan was 11/5 to eliminated and Kye heavy favourite. Therefore i know for a fact those pricing up knew that if it it went to deadlock, Kye was going home.

What i'm saying is Elle has been fav for so long yet has now been knocked off that spot by Jahmene, so i presume he is starting to pick up a few more votes than before. IMO, James cannot be getting as many votes as these two at the moment. they say that when an act gets knocked out, thier fans vote for someone else; who can see in the competition that is similar to James? no one?! therefore i doubt he will pick up extra votes from elsewhere as the competition rolls on,

That said, he will have the biggest career after x factor without doubt.

18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agree 100% Smokin. I also wonder what the voting audience is (eg there are 5 in our family that feel James is in a different league but none of us vote). The 9/1 for James and odds on Ella were both ridiculous odds though. If I had lumped on James at 9/1 I would be looking to lay off around 3/1 soon for the very reasons you give.

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Odds beginning to look more realistic.

XF 20121117.JPG

20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

After that disgraceful result tonight I wouldn't trust anything. Those who took my advice and lumped on James at 9/1 should now trade out at 5/2 and make a profit regardless of what happens.