1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Android Phones - apps closing problem

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Draig, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Draig

Draig Well-Known Member

2. Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito Well-Known Member

Draig and Makemstine Roger like this.
  3. Blyth_bucaneer

Blyth_bucaneer Well-Known Member

Go onto your app settings and update all apps, that fixes the problem.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  4. Draig

Draig Well-Known Member

It didn't do anything for me last night!

Mind, Google have fixed it now so you can just update that specific app

Blyth_bucaneer likes this.
  5. Blyth_bucaneer

I read about it last night before I'd had the update, got update this morning and it fcuked loads of things up, updated all apps and job jobbed.

6. Draig

Draig Well-Known Member

Perversely mine got worse after I updated my apps! My phone became almost unusable.

I could google search via the Chrome app but my Google search widget would crash just as soon as I tried entering a letter in the search bar or spoke a search term. Yet I could read every item in the Google news feed without a problem.

My Gmail app started crashing every three or four minutes - despite my mail refresh time being set for 10 minute check-ins.

My BBC iPlayer app started crashing every few minutes despite it being closed and set to manual refresh only.

7. BigPete

BigPete Well-Known Member

Ive noticed my gmail app instantly closes itself

8. Blyth_bucaneer

Aye, it's caused a lot of grief, google supposedly working on a solution, there's a couple of other fixes on Google, like I say though, I updated my apps in my phone settings and everything went back to normal, seems to be running faster now as well. Maybe they've switched on my 5G microchip, as I've had da jab.

9. Draig

Draig Well-Known Member

Maybe that's the answer - I only had my jab six days ago so my chip hasn't been activated yet!

10. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Get an iPhone.

Problem solved.

11. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

tried that mate didn't like all the crap that comes with it like itunes , a massive program i never used, that you must have to get the benefit of other programs, each to their own, me personally i love android and never had a problem, plus free apps for everything and more affordable. In fact my wife uses whatsapp to video her mother every day in Kenya for free, and it's so good i hear i phone has taken it on .I am sure iphone is perfect for some, but i know a few who have changed

12. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Whatsapp always been on iPhone mate.

There’s still this myth that you have to pay for everything on iPhones, because you did 10 years ago, you don’t. Free apps are free apps. You don’t need to use Apple Music you can use any music thing you like.

They don’t break. They are the most secure. They offer support on IOS for 6 years Android is more like 3.5.

Biggest myth is price. An iPhone 12 is less than a Samsung s21.

I paid £1300 or so for an iPhone 12 Pro Max, a Samsung s21 ultra is £150 more, in face there’s Samsung phones over £2grand.

There was a 3-4 year window when Apple for a bit lazy and unquestionably Android phones were better, that 4 year window ended at the iPhone X 3 year back. Hardware designed around software will always run better and smoother, and you don’t have to worry about Google, who own Android, harvesting and selling every piece of your data and sharing it with everyone on earth.

Font get me wrong mind, Android phones are fantastic nowadays, they really are. If we are honest it’s personal choice, but you won’t see a thread on here about IOS being ****ed, ever.