1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Andy Gray and Richard Keys - Out of order or witch hunt

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

What is your opinion on the sacking of Andy Gray and pretty much forced resignation of Richard Keys by the media?

What they said was a little bit silly, but not exactly outrageous and was off air where people shouldn't be listening anyway. Men down the pub say the same things every day as a joke/banter. Hardly a huge crime, the worst thing in all this is the despicable witch hunt and sensationalism by the media that have caused the two to lose their job over something as miniscule as this plus made the female official in question have to pull out of her next game and pretty much guarantees all she'll be remembered for is this from now on. Because of the coverage she'll have a near impossible task in the future (imagine the fans songs and everyy mistake will be highlighted).

Oh and as for the other two clips, everyone would find that womans FA cup final hilarious - the standard was appaling for every goal and the Andy Gray clip was cringey when speaking to that woman but was again just a bit of banter and a joke Nothing sinister!

What a JOKE. Political correctness gone mad and the real villains are those absolute SCUMBUCKETS - the fecking tabloid MEDIA. booooooo

Although in all fairness Gray and Keys were a bit annoying as pundits/presenters - always jizzing over Liverpool despite them being crap and scum.

2. Phil314

Phil314 Member

Yes it is PC ( which will always be a bit overboard) but.... They are old enough and ugly enough to know better, after the Ron Atkinson fiasco who would take a chance and make stupid remarks, even in jest!

3. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

They were nowhere near as bad as Ron Atkinsons in my opinion

4. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

personally i think it is ridiculous that they have both lost their jobs. yes they are a bit dumb and behind the times but they were larking about - in a style which all lads do - behind the scenes. i don't know about you lot but its the sort of thing which happens all the time. people are only joking and messing about and it was not meant for public consumption - it was for 'their ears only'. if everyone took everything so seriously this country would be a snooze-fest! how is what they said off camera WORSE than what those irritating loose women say on that dreadful show about men? and they air their views in front of a camera!! the world, or at least britain, has gone completely bonkers...

5. Canary f1

Canary f1 Member

It was just lads banter, the kind of banter you hear in pubs and football stadiums all over the country. They were just unlucky to be caught.

The irony is though, she got that offside decision right!

What actually annoys me is the high amount of crappy male refs and linesman in the game today, the amount of crappy decisions we see every week is ridiculous. Joking about women not knowing the offside rule would be funny if it weren't the fact that so many male linesman constantly get it wrong!

6. - SW6 -

- SW6 - Well-Known Member

Both were apparently not liked by the production teams at Sky for being far too big for their boots and hinging the Sky Sports success on themselves entirely, and to be honest Gray's arrogant swagger even came across in his commentary...I hold my hand up in not being his No 1 fan.

They have been victims of their own stupidity and cock sure attitudes, but both will command ridiculous salaries elsewhere, probably the Timbuctoo of Premier League broadcasting ESPN.

there are also various journos saying that Andy Gray could have brought it upon himself by trying to sue the NoTW for phone tapping, which would be plausible but then his dismissal would seem unfair, so I'm not buying into that one<laugh>

I'm glad he's gone personally, Martin Tyler is the shining example of a longstanding commentator, and deserves someone next to him to reflect his.

Who will be in the Studio though? Redknapp was the favourtie earlier today...

7. - SW6 -

- SW6 - Well-Known Member

I see what you're saying, and agreed in a way until I saw the footage at Wolves pitch side...Gray was vehement that women had no place in the gaem and that then took it past banter...

In this age when the female game is on the rise, and integration of females into the game in general as well, he should have kept his own council....£1.7m a year seems to turn you into a berk...wouldn't mind earning it for 10 years first though...

8. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

Why can't women just referee in female football? We don't have female footballers allowed to play in the mens game so why referee it?

Being a lineswoman is one thing but men are physically (not mentally) fitter and quicker than woman. Could they keep up with the game sufficiently especially with players like Walcott who can run 40m in around 4 secs. It seems mad to me why we have to accept its normal when its not.
    Also everyone who keeps saying well done to her for getting that offside call right seems patronising to me - it was obvious and blooming miles onside.

That Loose Woman point was a good one - Im gonna complain about them for being sexist

9. Greasy faced Carl is a dead man walking

I'm stocking up on 'Just For Men' before they pull it from the shelves.

10. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Maybe they shouldn't of lose their jobs, but if your in a position of your responsibility, you have to accept that you must be on your best behaviour all the time or your neck is on the line.

11. glasgowcanary

glasgowcanary New Member

That's a ridiculous thing to say - there's enough fat gits who are refs in top football. Admittedly someone like me couldn't ref (i'm too slow) but female refs and lineswomen go through the same fitness tests as their male counterparts.

Back to the original point on this thread though - I can't stand either of them but I do believe there was an ulterior motive for getting rid of Gray and think he may have a case if he was to pursue it. I don't think you can just sack someone without giving them a chance to redeem themselves unless it's gross misconduct and even I wouldn't go as far as to say its that.

12. Yellows

Yellows Member

Having put up with a husband for 12 years who claims I'm still only beginning to understand the game of football, I think I can fairly say that banter is banter--especially when it's expressed off air, I mean come on!
    Not Andy Gray's biggest fan, but still...

13. canaryfarci

canaryfarci New Member

It's funny watching Sky giving women in football moral support considering the damage they've contributed to the game

14. GrantHoltAteMyHamster

I think it has been blown out of proportion but to be fair gray was sacked for his 'lewd' comments not sexism. Keys resigned....To be fair about the comment about not knowing off side, i am not sure i know the off side rule any more, they keep changing it and all this active, in active players etc confuses me..

15. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

I work with several women and you wouldn't believe all the sexual in-your-endo I have to put up with !
    Mind you, I give as good as I get and we all have a good laugh about it. I suppose the'll be a memo in
    the morning warning us to button it or else ! God preserve us

OTBC

16. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Witch-hunt

I've no problem with women running the line, what i do have a problem with is that bird who commentates on games, it just doesn't sound right with her coming out with all those crap cliche's and getting excited.

am i a sexist?

17. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

No, but you're a Leeds fan which is much much worse

18. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

I always thought the 2 where mutually inclusive!

19. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Sorry, that's one word that is a no no!

Moderator dave

20. Canary f1

Canary f1 Member

If a women is good enough to do the job then I am fine with it, what I don't want to see is women being given the job over more qualified men just because they are female.

The guy who made the loose women point is bang on, it's amazing how hypocritical the media are!