1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Another Weekend

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Well Sunday morning and a great weekend destroyed and everyone with long faces. That was the poorest insipid performance from a Bielsa team yet and to make it worse Villa jumped above us in the table. No Phillips and we forget how to play football

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Better news is that Phil Hay’s operation went to plan and hes recovering in the LGI

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Roberts and Poveda are players who could be sold this Summer, and yesterdays performance from both was not great. Roberts again fired blanks and despite a couple of slick passes he had no impact on the game again. Poveda had his best chance yet to show us something, and yes he danced through some tackles, but gave no end product and seemed lightweight a couple of times. His brain was faster than his feet twice as he tripped himself and lost the ball.

On a team performance like yesterday its difficult to pick on a couple of players, but these 2 are playing for their careers and failed. My opinion and some may see it different

Irishshako, OLOF and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  4. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Plus Bamford is not fit yet and raph was missed. Those three back in and a decent left back would be a start.

5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It’s a shame with Roberts as he was definitely improving but he’s not creating or scoring goals and the improvement he needs to make is vast. I’d call it a day with him but you know Bielsa won’t.

Poveda I’d give him another season.

Costa I’d sell him even at a cut price.

Klich must stop being judged on his first 6 games. He looks totally lost in the Premier League so it’s time to replace him.

Harrison - Loads of pundits rave about him, he is 24 now, he obviously suffers with confidence and self belief. Are we happy to aim for survival or do we need to plan on reaching the top 6 in the next couple of seasons?

Harrison isn’t good enough for what our long term ambition is, happy for another season long loan but don’t waste money signing him if we don’t need to. It also depends on how close Summerville is in the U23s

I do know deep down that Bielsa will want to keep both Harrison and Roberts, I can’t see him allowing Klich to go either unless Forshaw makes a proper recovery.

Shackleton is another not getting the chances, I can’t believe he’d have been worse than Klich. It’s good that Bielsa shows faith but it’s blind faith at times

OLOF likes this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Potential hit list:
    1. Roberts
    2. Alioski
    3. Forshaw
    4. Berardi
    5. Hernandez
    6. Poveda
    7. Costa
    8. Kiko
    These will all not happen but some of them will go and some may be given another chance. To be frank I am not concerned who is still here next season as Bielsa will have sanctioned it all and he sees these players every day.

7. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

If klich goes which i think he will Bielsa will have no say in it. Got to agree about Harrison he is not top end prem material. I could pick six who i would let go and if rads has the ambitions he alludes to then he has to show intent. Giving dallas a whopping pay rise and a three year deal at 30 is a backward step. We are supposed to be signing more players like Raph not wasting funds on the likes of Alioski who must go.

ristac and Doc like this.
  8. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

we were poor.. but we were just as bad at home to Burnley, villa, West Ham, Leicester etc.

missing our two best players kills our game management and attacking threat, plus the ability to break up our opposition counters.
    Irrespective of that, we struggle with sides who set up like Brighton - who in any case would be pushing top 6 if they could shoot.

one of those days... if it reminds the top brass that the squad lacks depth?

ristac, Whitejock and Doc like this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

When you look at our attack yesterday you see Paddy left twiddling his thunbs not able to get involved. No cut through from Harrison, Poveda, Hernandez, Roberts and Klich and even Rodrigo left running around like a headless chicken. Damage done in the first half through a stupid Alioski but Roberts, Paddy and Co did nothing. Poveda and Ridrigo and Pablo all toiled for nothing when they came on, so we really need to have a think about who stays and who goes.

We do need some better players and that maybe a top left back a top creative midfielder and a top winger. Even Ayling was garbage yesterday but everyone was bad as a collective.

Ayling, Lorente, Struijk, AN Other
    Phillips
    Raphinha, Rodrigo, AN Other, AN Other

Bamford

subs
    Gelhardt
    Koch
    Cooper
    Huggins
    Drameh
    Harrison
    Klich
    Caprile

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Due to football clubs staying off social media you will not get to hear about our final U23 game of the season tomoz. Thorp Arch 1pm against Burnley and it will be on the Leeds You Tube chanel

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2021

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Cooper missed the last 3 due to suspension, Rodrigo missed the last few through injury and Raphinha missed the last few through injury. I think all 3 will be starting next week against the Spuds. I hope we see a massive reaction

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Will we break the bank again in the transfer market? We will bring in any unknown player who is as good as Raphinha was for an unknown player? Will we spend on a Rodrigo De Paul or go more for Prem experience from players like Chelsea’s Billy Gilmore, Connor Gallagher, Liverpools Harry Wilson, Rangers Ryan Kent, Arsenals Maitland-Niles.?

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Shyt day as 2 places dropped in the league table which is potentially £6m lost yesterday at Brighton. Yes still time to get it back but will need to beat Spurs next weekend.

Had to laugh at the Scum V Scousers match postponed through fan power. These fans are actually proper Man Utd fans as they refused to go to OT until the Glazers left and then formed their own club. They made an exception today <laugh>

leeds down south likes this.
  14. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Think scum should forfeit the game

15. Leedsoflondon

Looks like we dodged a bullet with Brewster if it was true we were looking at loaning him.

16. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

Karen Carney says the online abuse she has suffered has "changed" her and that social media companies "don't understand" the impact it has.

Carney was the target of online abuse after a tweet by Leeds United questioned her comments as a pundit.

It resulted in the ex-England player deleting her Twitter account.

"The only way I could make them (social media companies) understand was to say 'do you want another Caroline Flack on your hands?'" Carney told BT Sport.

Not racist, just pointing out ridiculous comments.

esteponawhite and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  17. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Nice of the beeb to blame us,
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56959962
    She gets paid for talking, not a bad job, unfortunately if you make a mistake someone is going to notice.
    Seems that in this world of the easily offended the pundits can criticise players managers etc but don’t like it when they are wrong and people call them out for it.

2 pennth, FORZA LEEDS and Doc like this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Media now turning on football fans and going for Gary Neville too for saying all fans should unite to make football authorities explain how Glazers etc can steal football clubs. Lets face it Glazers have not spent one penny buying Man Utd because they borrowed the money and haven't paid it back but have paid £800m in interest servicing the debt and still took out over a billion pounds for themselves.

Maybe the fans should be told what action the big 6 are going to have taken against them? If fans knew what they were planning to do and dor future fit and proper rules, maybe protests would die down

Whitejock, 2 pennth and ristac like this.
  19. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

Failure to control fans
    Failure to fullfill fixture.

How many points will scum be deducted?

Marcos Barber and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  20. Leedsoflondon

I said, they should forfeit the game not rearrange it

Whitejock likes this.