1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Another Weekend

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Weekender.jpg
    Weekend is here again and this time we have International football to look forward, if that’s your thing. Myself I find it hard to get exited about England especially under Southgate who isn’t anywhere near good enough as a coach, but has more credentials for a politician. His stance on taking the knee has killed the tournament for me as he has politicised the International team. Plenty of teams are now refusing to kneel including Scotland, and good on them and even the Hungarians who are supposed to be a nationalist country are standing and pointing to the anti race slogan on the shirt sleeve throughout. Why couldn’t England do that. Well no point in dwelling on politics as its divisive. Southgate was ok as U21 manager but cannot manage players at the top of their game, so don’t expect to see Sterling, Kane, Mount, Fodern do their stuff. Watch he likes of Mings and Cody look League 1 instead

So what’s going to be the talking points this weekend?

1. England performance on Sunday and will Phillips start.
    2. Bogutsz has opened his mouth and says he wants to go out on loan but not to Spain and has generally told the club he’s peed off and would rather leave than be messed about any more
    3. Rafa Mujica is also having problems with loans in Spain and wants his future deciding for good. Since we signed him from Barcelona he has been out on 4 loans in Spain, none really successful. Las Palmas was the club he grew up at before being taken to Barcelona as a kid and that’s where he has spent the last few months. The owner is a complete bandit or bell end as he told Leeds he wants to sign Mujica this Summer on a full time basis, but so far he hasn’t been in touch with Leeds and the players are now on holiday and Mujica has no clue of what is happening.
    4. A player that’s being talked about as a potential signing has not appeared on the transfer thread as no solid stories except from eastern Europe. Elsif Elmas is Alioski’s N. Macedonian team mate and is the actual left back for his country. He plays for Napoli and has an all action reputation but creates a lot of goals and is a solid LB. We will see if this story develops, but so far all the best Lbs in European football are linked to Leeds just now.
    5. Another old chestnut is Harry Wilson who has been mentioned consistently for the last 3 transfer windows. We asked about him last Summer and Liverpool quoted £20m so we walked but now they want £17m and I hope we walk because although the kid had a great season in the Championship with Cardiff and had a hand in 32 goals, is he able to do it in the premier league? Great free kicks and scores a lot of goals from them but……
    6. Think the Harrison reed story has been over done because we will not pay UK prices for anyone who we believe will spend time on the bench.
    7. Stupidity and make it up as you go, seems to be the Spanish way. Today the Spanish Army are vaccinating the Spain squad? Well a first dose needs 3 weeks minimum to bed in before a 2nd dose given and even then it takes another 3 weeks for the person to be covered. By this time the tournament will be over and also pre season nearly over. Scratches head

bucks_is_leeds, Irishshako and Gessa like this.
  2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

wilson ? nah would rather have his grandad harold !
    bogusz and mujica should go to a champ club and see if they can do the biz.
    if philips doesn't start southbore has defo lost his one brain cell.
    alioski's team mate....who knows can't be a no mark playing for the pizza town guys i suppose....but is he as mad as gianni ?

Doc likes this.
  3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

With Ryan Edmondson joining Simon Grayson at Fleetwood he will also be joining 2 former Leeds academy players who were released a couple of weeks ago. Seems Grayson is trying to recreate his perfect Leeds team

southernwhite and Irishshako like this.
  4. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

When England play the **** teams (like Scotland) then play Rice because he is better playing through the lines. When we play the top teams then I'd start with Phillips as I think he is better defensively and can start counter attacks more effectively and quickly.

I'd like to see us go with lots of pace out wide. I don't think you can play Grealish and Foden together. Mason Mount has to start in midfield with one of the above and a DM behind them. I'd like to see two of Rashford, Sterling or Sancho in wide positions to make sure that opposition teams can't push up too much on us especially with Kane coming deep and acting as a pivot.

Doc likes this.
  5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I really can’t get excited about it, I’m more excited about preseason if I’m honest, I just want it over with and all our International players back fit and healthy

6. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

England will lose to Croatia and Scotland.

Irishshako and stonkin like this.
  7. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I must admit that I find it hard to get motivated for this tournament. I think we have some very good attacking players but the manager seems to want to play defensively. I always thought that playing to your strengths was just a bog standard tactic but Southgate seems to have other ideas. Watching England seems boring after watching Bielsaball.

southernwhite, SIDDAS, foolee and 3 others like this.
  8. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0148-yes:

Scotland 16/1 on BF to top the group

blonogasoven and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Diego Llorente given a brilliant guard of honour back into the Spanish camp after his 4th negative covid test

ristac and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Saw this on FB this morning....
    Marcelo turning up to grassroots football training sessions tonight.
    650A4A69-6F90-4239-B594-A87D08DA0E5F.jpeg

southernwhite, Gessa and FORZA LEEDS like this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Has Duncan Castles ever been right with a transfer story? His latest is that Leeds are battling PSG for Ben White bidding to start at £50m ffs

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  12. FORZA LEEDS

He just makes it up as he goes along. You'd think he'd be more ITK.

He could at least try and make his bullshit more believable ffs.

Irishshako likes this.
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Simon Grayson at Fleetwood now has a few Leeds players on the books and since he took over he has signed Connor Teale and Max McMillan from our academy who both go into the development squad/reserves, and now have Ryan Edmondson on loan for the season.

i think Leeds have had a good relationship with Fleetwood over the years as we sent Lewie Coyle there who ended up skippering the side before being sold to Hull City. Alex Cairns is still between the sticks…..

Whitejock likes this.
  14. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Didn't realise he was still spouting his bollox, waccoe outed him as a bullshitter years ago, amazed he carries on with it tbh.

With regard the EURO's, I don't think there's ever been a tournament with less interest from folk.
    Be interesting to see viewing figures compared to previous tournaments, even though they can be fudged to make things appear better than they are.

Doc likes this.
  15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

It seems Robbie Gotts is being offered a new contract because he goes into the last year of his present contract. If this happens it can only really be because the club want to get some financial compensation when he moves on. So we must be running a business in the academy. Robbie will know he needs to do something special to break into the Leeds team, and he had a good second half of the season with Salford. Both he and young Alfie were the only successes out on loan and both will be sought after, indeed Alfie was Oldhams best player last season.

Jeez but we still have a lot of players to sort out yet. Bogutsz and Mujica, Hosannah and Stevens, Shackelton? Casey looks like being sold to Blackpool as soon as the sell on clauses agreed and quite a few more….

ellandback and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  16. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

17. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It would be robbery if Gotts left for nothing. Perhaps a 30 percent sell on clause

18. FORZA LEEDS

The one that Gotts away :biggrin:

19. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

You've Gotts an awful sense of humour

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  20. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I think because it’s not based in one country for the whole tournament has lost a lot of the enthusiasm for it. Stupid idea of Platini’s

Gessa and leeds down south like this.