1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Any advice would be appreciated

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by farnboromackem, Jan 12, 2013.

1. farnboromackem

farnboromackem Well-Known Member

Guys

I am visiting the North East early February and taking in the Arsenal game on the 9th. Now please dont knock me but I have not been the stadium for years (for various reasons - mostly financial) and I was wondering if someone could advise where the best vantage point is to buy a ticket? I was thinking of the east or west stand. One thing to note is that I am bringing my next door neighbour, a cracking lad, a great friend but an Arsenal fan :emoticon-0119-puke:.

We both looking forward to it, like kids in a sweet shop (both pushing 50 that's how sad it is), train tickets purchased, match day tickets to be bought on Monday, so any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

2. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Honestly mate.

Absolutely anywhere is a good place to sit. Great views in every seat.

I sit in the Concourse (just a block along from Mr Short) and I love it up there. Great vantage point but used to sit in the stands below for 8 years and loved it equally as much.

We have a stadium to be proud of and hopefully your Gooner pal will see it that way too, although not the result. We like upsetting Wenger's Boys up here you know.

3. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Family areas with you bringing an away fan in the home end. I've brought a Liverpool fan twice, one was north-east corner all was fine. other was north stand lower tier which was fine apart from a tiny bit of abuse at my mate. not bad abuse, but then a beach ball did get us the winner that day.

4. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I've always been an "ender" just traditionally been Fulwell then north stand. But every seat in the ground has fantastic views. East and west are easier to see both goals but I couldn't knock the ground as I've sat in all 6 stands and all corners. Great view

5. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Concourse row 2 is a great view, been there for 6 seasons and everyone sits!.

6. farnboromackem

All - thanks for all your help with this. looking forward in seeing where i can get when the tickets go on sale Monday. Enjoy the match today.

7. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

It depends on your mates attitude..If he shows his support in any home section he could attract trouble...I had to step in to protect a couple of West Ham fans before the game on Wearmouth Bridge who thought it was a good idea to chant West Ham songs in the midst of masses of Sunderland fans walking over...As long as your mate shows a bit of respect and common sense, I'm sure he will be fine..

8. farnboromackem

Fair point - he is not one for trouble, nor am I. All we want is to experience the delights of a good footy game, have a drink or three and come home safely. I would like to think if his team scores then he should be allowed to celebrate. Although that sounds rather naive, it will not happen, sadly football society of today and yesteryear dictates that. We are both reasonable sensible kind of blokes and I hope that my London mate experiences a fantastic day, whatever the score.

9. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

I'm row 1 and its a brilliant view