1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Oct 2, 2019.

1. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

You usually understand statistics well. The Season Compass is heavily skewed by the last two matches. Up until then it was only one point down on last season. Not enough data to make a case to sack Poch.
    Generally though Levy tends to sack managers not on results but when their actions become inconsistent with their stated plan. Poch is sailing close to the wind on that measure.

2. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

1. After 7 PL games, 4 pts down on the season compass (not 1) .

2. How many games gone + how many pts down on the season compass,
    do you believe is the point at which the PL campaign (minimum finish of 4th)
    is unrecoverable (and ENIC will be compelled to pull the trigger) ??

3. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

1) Apologies...my stat was the first 7 games not like for like.
    2) Since I don't expect sacking Poch to make things better there is no such point in terms of points.

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

One thing I can't help but wonder: if we are to keep playing three in midfield why don't we adjust the formula slightly, so instead of one player behind Kane & Son/Lucas instead we have two behind Kane? At the very least, having two potential out balls will allow us to move the ball a lot quicker than we have, and with the ball moving quicker we actually do something known as "attacking" when we have possession

It wouldn't be the first time we used this setup, either, as we had two playing behind Kane when we were using 3421 towards the end of 2016-17 and it seemed to work pretty bloody well

The Changing Man likes this.