1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic any Mxs out there

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Nov 24, 2017.

1. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Note to everyone else...how does Kiwi know this...

How much time does Kiwi spend in ladies toilets

kiwiqpr likes this.
  2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

im a lesbian
    haters

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  3. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Roll up, roll up, the latest must have toy...

kiwiqpr likes this.
  4. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Please translate...

5. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

No one want to discuss Joanna Cherry and her show at the Fringe in the summer....thought some of you would be all over this, or has it not been reported down there?

SNP MP Joanna Cherry has told BBC Scotland she has been cancelled by an Edinburgh venue for "being a lesbian with gender-critical views".

She was due to appear at The Stand during the Fringe Festival in August.

The venue has cancelled the event after staff said they were not comfortable with her views on transgender issues.

The Edinburgh South MP is a critic of Scotland's Gender Recognition Reform plans, which make it easier for people to change their legally-recognised sex.

"I'm being cancelled and no-platformed because I'm a lesbian, who holds gender-critical views that somebody's sex is immutable.

"I've made those views clear over a number of years. I have never said that trans people should not have equal rights."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-65451979

And then a U-turn by the venue...

The comedy club which cancelled a Fringe show by SNP MP Joanna Cherry has reinstated the event.

The Stand had cancelled the show after staff said they were not comfortable with her views on transgender issues.

But the venue has now said the decision was "unfair and constituted unlawful discrimination against Ms Cherry".

Ms Cherry said it was a "very welcome move by The Stand" and confirmed she will take part in August's event as originally planned.

The Stand said it had taken legal advice and now accepted it had got its original decision wrong.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65575748

kiwiqpr likes this.
  6. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

please log in to view this image

Goldhawk-Road and Uber_Hoop like this.
  7. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Naomi Seibt
    @SeibtNaomi

·
    15h

If being trans should be equated with toughness, then why do so many of them cry about being referred to with undesired pronouns?

8. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

9. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

10. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

John Cleese urged to scrap Life of Brian joke about man having a baby
    Monty Python star warned by actors in readthrough for stage show that Eric Idle skit could be seen as offensive

ByCraig Simpson19 May 2023 • 6:13pm

The members of Monty Python starring in 1979's Life of Brian, from left, Michael Palin, John Cleese, Graham Chapman, Eric Idle, Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones CREDIT: Rex Features
    Actors warned John Cleese that his Life of Brian stage show should not include a scene about a man wanting to be a woman and have a baby, the comedian has said.

The Monty Python star is working on a stage production of the troupe’s 1979 comedy film, The Life of Brian, which parodies the Messianic message of the New Testament.

In the film version, a character named Stan explains that he wants to be a woman called Loretta and “have babies”, before being told by Cleese’s character Reg that this was impossible.

This exchange reportedly met with opposition from actors in a readthrough of the script for the planned stage show because it could “offend people”, raising doubt as to its inclusion in the final production.

'You can't do that stuff nowadays'
    Cleese said performers involved in the readthrough told him: “We love the script, but you can't do that stuff about Loretta nowadays.”

Speaking to the audience for his one-man show, he added: "So here you have something there's never been a complaint about in 40 years, that I've heard of, and now all of a sudden we can't do it because it'll offend people. What is one supposed to make of that?

“But I think there were a lot of things that were actually, in some strange way, predictive of what was actually going to happen later."

The potentially offensive scene features Eric Idle as Stan telling his fellow members of the People's Front of Judea “I want to be a woman”, and adding “from now on, I want you all to call me Loretta”.

He explains that this is because he wants to have babies, and explains that “it's every man's right to have babies if he wants them”.

Advertisement
    'You haven't got a womb'
    Cleese’s character Reg explains “you haven’t got a womb”, but the People’s Front decide that they will champion Stan’s right to have babies, as it is "it is symbolic of our struggle against oppression”.

Cleese revealed the concerns with the script amid a growing debate about gender ideology, which purports that people born female who identify as male are men, and could give birth to children as men.

This idea has been reflected in the NHS, with the Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust recently employing the phrase “birthing people” instead of mothers in an announcement about perinatal mental health care.

In 2021, Brighton and Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust unveiled “gender inclusive” phrases to be used as best practice by medical staff, advising that “birthing parent” was the more appropriate term.

'I've changed some things'
    While it remains to be seen if Cleese’s script will include Stan’s wish to be a woman, the star has said that audiences can expect some differences between the stage show and the film.

Cleese said: "I think Life Of Brian is our best film. We are going to do it in London in the second half of next year and I've changed certain things."

According to the Daily Mail, he said: "There is a new character - Fiona Pilate, Pilate's wife - who falls in love with Brian. And, spoiler alert, Brian does not get crucified. But rest assured he will still sing Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life."

The film was accused of being blasphemous when it was first released, and was banned in Ireland as part of a clerical backlash against the comedy, often cited as the greatest of all time.

11. Uber_Hoop

12. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

13. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Bit grim. Not really a surprise given the weird agenda the right wing media has and is causing certain segments of society to think in such a way.

14. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Anyone would think Western corporations held the world to different standards when it comes to Pride.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  15. Uber_Hoop

It’s brave of Lenovo to go pink. That’ll show ‘em.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  16. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

17. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

a lesbian is a non man
    or woman to the rest of us

18. Uber_Hoop

kiwiqpr likes this.
  19. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Steelmonkey likes this.
  20. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Transgender Miss San Francisco to make history at pageant for state title

BY ELIZABETH COOK

UPDATED ON: JUNE 6, 2023 / 5:15 AM / CBS SAN FRANCISCO

SAN FRANCISCO -- When beauty queens from across the state compete in the Miss California pageant next month, this year's Miss San Francisco will make history when she takes the stage. She will be fighting for more than just a crown and a title.

It's a moment Monroe Lace will never forget. Earlier this year she was crowned Miss San Francisco.

"It felt like a dream, because it's been a dream that I've had since I was a child," Lace explained. "Even though I am Miss San Francisco, I know my impact is much greater than that."

Monroe is the first transgender woman in the Miss San Francisco pageant's 99 year history. The crown and sash are more than just accessories.

"Every time I put on the sash, the weight of it reminds me of the weight of my job; of the responsibility I have to make a difference for young children," Monroe said.

Top Videos01:0401:30South Bay convention business forecaststays cloudy
    As part of her Miss San Francisco duties, Monroe visits a different elementary school in the city almost every day. CBS News Bay Area followed along as she read a book called "Sparkle Boy" to the 4th grade class at Tenderloin Community School.

It wasn't that long ago that Monroe wasn't sure if her own story would have a happy ending.

"Four years ago, I ran away from home. In the middle of the night, I packed everything in a single suitcase. Because I'd rather be loved and homeless than in a home that didn't love me," she said.

Monroe has lived in a single-room-occupancy hotel or SRO for the past four years. That's the longest of any tenant currently in the building. She's seen the ugliest sides of the city first-hand.

"One of my neighbors overdosed a few months ago. When I think about my story, my story isn't unique. That's the unfortunate truth," said Monroe. "There are so many transgender women that have the same experience I do, and they are not as lucky."

Those experiences helped prepare her for what came after she won the title.

"I've gotten death threats. I've gotten mean comments about my appearance or the way that I look," she said. "Even though there are hateful comments that say those things, I also know that there is a trans kid out there or a victim out there who is reading that story as well. Maybe not commenting on it, but reading it and knowing that I'm going to be ok."

Later this summer she will represent San Francisco and compete for the title of Miss California. But in the eyes for 4th grader Camila Soberanis, she's already won.

"It was beautiful, 'cause I didn't care if she was a boy or a girl. It was just like...normal," said Soberanis.