1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Apathy

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Otto Flayshow, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Otto Flayshow

Otto Flayshow Well-Known Member

It's the start of another WC qualifying campaign and hope and enthusiasm are at an all time low. We haven't managed to qualify for a major finals since 1998, and there's no reason to suppose we're going to do any better this time round. The team is full of journeymen and the manager seems sadly out of his depth. Even given that there's no top quality side in our group, I don't think we'll even manage 2nd place and a play off spot. The recent 5-1 pumping from a very average USA side would seem to indicate how low we've sunk. I just hope they go out there and prove me wrong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19506110

I'm available to teach sports psychology, give motivational speeches and lecture on the power of positive thinking. <ok>

2. rogueleader

rogueleader suave gringo

Im usually right up for scotland games, but a combination of poor past results, over-cautious teams and , well, just general ****eyness have made it very difficult to get enthusiastic about this......lets face it, wil anyone be drastically surprised if we have these two home games and no points to show for it ?

anyway, nearly kick -off time,

so,

Scotland ya bass,

intae these warmongering ****s .

3. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Gutless

1 up front at home against a team full of young players <doh>

4. ex-german exile

1 up front & 3 centre halves against the 5th seeded team in the group at home.

Levein is a ****ing disgrace!

How can the players believe in qualification when he shows that he doesn't even trust them to play offensively against the supposed minnows!

I thought he was the best man for the job when he was appointed - but he's just an over cautious weakling.

5. Barrie Lochrie

Barrie Lochrie New Member

Who do we get in though?

The WGS bandwagon appears to be gaining momentum, but I'm far from convinced.

How about Billy Davies?

6. Thomas The Cat

Thomas The Cat Well-Known Member

We have a large pool of potential Scotland managers, Mcleish is out of work, Strachan or we could take a unorthodox approach and appoint the dream team of Craig Burley and Andy Walker!

7. alex15

alex15 New Member

These will all be fix I believe with more courage and determination. They all got the potential, they were just driven away by fear on the enemy maybe.