1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Apoel Nicosia

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Eric Le Merde, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Just trying to stop happy clappies leaping in front of trains if it doesn't work out again!!!!

2020VisionofLeeds and RCDM like this.
  2. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

They win the league most years and are the richest club in Cyprus, form and football wasn't great at the back end of the year.

Like you say... there loss is our gain... no-ones complaining fella. Well glory probably but that's a given :emoticon-0105-wink:

strachallister likes this.
  3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The life of a football manager is a minefield. Some like Hockaday get an offer they cant refuse & soon reality hits home that they need to go back to the pub team. Some like old red nose get a big chance and are given plenty of time to sort it out, have a bit of luck then spend 20 odd years at the same club. Some unknown managers arrive and take a good side to the next level and even manage to go all season without getting defeated. He then spends 20 years there but this time he has outstayed his welcome - Wenger is finished.

We have an unknown but seems to have a great pedigree as a player for some of the worlds best clubs and studying under the worlds best manager and tactician. He does well in obscure leagues but has quickly shown all the doubters (Mostly) what hes capable of. Tactically astute, instilling a team ethic and winning mentality along with a die for my mates attitude. Nobody has found him lacking in any department. Top pundits heap praise on him because this isnt luck, Tommy can actually do this

I would say 95% of Leeds fans were gutted to lose Monk yet I dont know any of them who want to see him back. We now have a style of play not seen at our club for years, and not seen in this league for longer. We have attacking flair in spades and can defend stoically.

Most optimistic the City of Leeds has been in a generation, right from the owner and his management team all the way through the club. This is no fluke, this is a well run well oiled business model. The only complaint is the lack of results from the U23s who have a lot of fresh talent to blend, but has the Spanish coach got the hang of it or is he doing a rebuild job?

FORZA LEEDS, OLOF, Whitejock and 2 others like this.
  4. RCDM

RCDM Well-Known Member

The way my lucks going lately, i'd miss the train!!

5. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Bottom line TC has past his first tests with flying colours.., got the team playing football, tight at the back and scoring goals despite losing top scorer... you can't not give him a huge pat on the back for that.

Where we'll see just how good he is, is how he adapts to clubs adapting to us, like Birmingham did. Can he stay ahead of the game... adjust to different styles of opponents and when the bad run comes, can he get us out of it.

You can't pass tests that haven't been set yet, but that will likely be the difference between a good and a great season.

6. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

It's your fault for banning Brexit talk

It was his outlet

7. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Exactly. He wasn't sacked.

They just changed the locks and refused to pay him.

8. 2020VisionofLeeds

That's happened to you hasn't it? It's a rough world, estate agency. Fail to con enough punters and you're out

9. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> <run>

They'll have to catch me first....

10. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

all roses at the minute but when you lose 1 youll lose more <ok>

sweet to know it will be us that bursts your bubble <laugh>

Ringo Lion likes this.

11. 2020VisionofLeeds

Yes looking likely

I have money on a Leeds win

12. lifecheshirewhite

Are you hopeing to burst your **** bubble,can see that one lasting all season.

13. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

If Calsberg did comedians .........

2 pennth and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  14. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<ok>

15. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

One phrase leapt out at me there, Doc. 'Style of play'. Particularly the word 'style'. Applies solidly this season. When was the last time we could comfortably use the word 'style' to describe our club? For that alone, I'm living in a dream atm. It's magic. Even if it ends in tears, it's the best feeling I've had for over a decade.

FORZA LEEDS, 2 pennth and Doc like this.
  16. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Couple of things to mention. I haven't managed to see the u23s this year, but I did see them play Charlton last season, and it was men v boys. Charlton had a team of skilled giants who were rough, tough commandos. Perhaps later in the season we might have been able to compete. I'm guessing the new foreign imports might be struggling to adjust to being kicked at every move, and constantly pressed. Different ball game altogether for them.

The other thing that threw me was the team sheet - it had Sully as the manager! Not sure if it was a misprint, one-off, or permie appointment. We shall see.