1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

APOLOGIES SHOULD A FEW YEAR OLD POSTS BE ANNOYING!

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by realred1952, Nov 18, 2020.

1. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

Had an hour to spare, and after an impromptu Jitsu call from a couple of Coffee morning colleagues earlier in the day, was twiddling my thumbs... as arthritic as they are! and decided to have a look back at this time last year. There is some truly fascinating posts and threads. EVERYTHING looked a lot rosier than the present back then. Some really good debates on the election and on Brexit. The hypocrisy that was Jeremy and Abbot and i could detect from some posts a retinance by some to him actually winning the GC!!!
    all came good though...
    Brexit was a well balanced argument / debate a couple of stayers still grasping straws ...lol .... key was democracy EURO T***'s bullish about it wont be resolved on anything but their terms! ...
    2 of us have actually lost 2 summers of freedom with hospitalization and ops robbing us our freedom. Whilst my op was less life threatening the reprocussions are deeper ... less time in life to catch up ... but hey that's life"
    I had forgotten SL had put up £8.6m to buy someone a striker! after being so close to achieving better in the 2 seasons prior .. fans were all on board before it need to spend out on a striker to see us home! ... rest is history .....

2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Has to be one of the most diverse football forums out there!!!

3. realred1952

it is and pre covid was quite friendly ... full of banter and sarcasm also acceptance should you be wrong etc etc etc.... full of :emoticon-0152-heart and :emoticon-0110-tongu and " <cheers> " [ hopefully wont encourage BCRW and ANGELIC to drink more! ] :emoticon-0105-wink::emoticon-0105-wink:

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I think you're just dreaming JGF2 although I did have slightly less yesterday ! <laugh>

5. remembergou

remembergou Active Member

Glad I read this first, checked the dates!

6. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

My 'No alcohol Mon-Thurs' is working quite well - had a funeral last Thursday so that was an exception but apart from that its working.
    My stomach is slightly smaller already - but I'm not losing weight - and I can honestly say that I don't feel any better for it - but it HAS to be a good thing.....

7. realred1952

I bought 4 bottles on Sat will last me a month! I have about 4 different bottles of spirits about 5 bottles of wine and a couple pints of cider OH and a cherry liquer… ocassionally I might crack open a wine …. most of the wine is about 3 years old spirits up to 5!...