1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Are YOU a true fan?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Steelmonkey, Jan 31, 2023.

?

What type fan are YOU?

1. True Fan

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. Happy Clapper

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Glory Hunter

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. Mad as a box of frogs

22 vote(s)
    55.0%
  1. Hammersmith bookie

Hammersmith bookie Well-Known Member

If I could undo my straight jacket I'd own up to that lol

UpminstR likes this.
  2. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

One would hope they were being ironic.

Steelmonkey likes this.
  3. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

... I was nearly a true fan, but then tripped up...doh

Didley Squat and kiwiqpr like this.
  4. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Answer - I live in Australia and can't physically be there for matches, otherwise l would.
    I have been a TRUE fan for over 50 years, never have l lost faith in the club but our management, yes............ they come and go.

I don't give a flying fcuk what people call me or class me as, l have only ever supported this club since 1971 and after all the sh!t we fans have had to endure, make no mistake, we are true fans, so if that's not good enough, stick that right up your Jatz crackers!

As you were......................

5. Hammersmith bookie

Hammersmith bookie Well-Known Member

Sound more like one of the players !

6. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

You are, Beth.
    Remember, Jesus called out to Lazarus, "Come forth, my Son"....... but he tripped and came fifth!

7. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

8 posters on here have delayed a major operation or missed a wedding to watch qpr?

8. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

True fans

9. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Proper supporters

10. Yorkshire-Rs

Yorkshire-Rs Well-Known Member

I don't think they are Bob there is an" or" in the middle, a proper supporter would have done both

11. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

There are two weddings that I wish I'd missed now...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  12. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

I am supremely humbled.
    Though some people will do anything to avoid a trip to the doctors/hospital.

Didley Squat likes this.
  13. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

More like proper lying bastards

14. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

I did go to Vauxhall Motors Away. When we heard the draw in the car, I thought it's got to be near Luton.
    Millwall Away. Think it was the 2nd leg of league cup 0-0 and I was in the home end with an uncle and some cousins.
    FC Koln Away. With 2 mates, one a spud supporter. We worked for BA so used our discount flights. Had no tickets, so left it to the other QPR supporter, who could speak a bit of german to sort the tickets out in the away end. I had an 8-foot union jack with Rangers on it. We made our way to our turnstiles. As we got in, we were greeted by Koln supporters with german ww2 helmets, nazi salutes etc as we made our way to the bottom of the terraces, thinking we might have a little caged area for us 3, we looked up to see the other QPR supporters at the other end of the ground. Going back up the way we came was not an option. So, fence climbing was the only option. Also, in the town centre after the game got a bit of a kicking and the flag nicked. The other QPR supporter was of no help, I later found out that he was talking to them in german. He said he was asking them if they wanted to go for a beer. If they had agreed, he said we could then run away. The spud supporter, who was a member of the BA relay athletic team had flown.
    Partizan belgrade Away. Again, me and another QPR supporter, not the german speaking one, used our BA discount flights. The QPR supporters who were on the official trip stayed on the Tuesday night and were flying back straight after the game, with the team. Me and my mate were staying in the same hotel on the Wednesday night. Again, no tickets, we thought it wouldn't be a problem being 6-2 up, only to find out that the local press had said that we were sending over our reserve team. Match was now a sell-out. We got on the coach with the official group, some were mates and a cousin of mine. There was only about 40 of us. Our courier was informed that us 2 didn't have tickets. She was going to speak to the people at the gate. She did which was great, but when we got to where our seats were there were armed police checking tickets. I said to my mate Fez when I say go you go left and I will go right because I haven't come this far to not see the game, Fez said but they got guns. Our lady done the talking and we were allowed in. The rest is history. Although we did meet a certain Kenny Swindle and mate after the game in the hotel, and we let them crash in our room.

15. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I have marked myself as a true fan because, having done none of those things, I don't agree with what the definition of a true fan is!

Uber_Hoop and Didley Squat like this.
  16. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

Nigsy you qualify!
    We now need to know from Kiwi, who seems to have disappeared, what a happy clapper is!

17. Staines R's

What years were you at BA Nige and where did you work ? Those free flights always used to come in handy for foreign football trips and used them often to follow England about. You might know some of the same people as me…..Phil (Spurs), Ian (Chelsea) Tyrone (QPR) ?

18. Staines R's

Are you in a better mood today mate ? ;)

Steelmonkey likes this.
  19. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

Staines, I'm fine. Just miffed by being called a happy clapper. I was fine until that point!
    Then lost it a tad but enjoyed yesterday's banter.
    out of interest, what's the most ridiculous game you've been to? There must be one.

Steelmonkey and Staines R's like this.
  20. Staines R's

Good to hear mate……honestly was just a bit of banter and to be fair to Kiwi, he did make that obvious with a smily face.
    Most ridiculous game ? Dunno if I can say any actual games have been ridiculous.
    I guess a game in the 80’s we played against Forest at LR when the floodlights failed….in the snow, was the nearest. Opposing fans passed the time by throwing ripped out plastic seats at each other.
    I definitely had a few ridiculous moments both following Rangers and England.

Steelmonkey likes this.