1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arry gone?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by deedub93, Jun 12, 2012.

1. SpursOldboy

SpursOldboy Active Member

I hope he goes and we get Moyes, I think he would do just as well as Harry with the squad we have, maybe better.

Really had enough of Harrys mouth. The stuff he came out with about a new contract and how it would cause uncertainty if he didn't get one makes me sick after he ruined our season through his own non- commitment and pursuit of the England job. Seems Levy might be feeling the same way now.

2. Joe Kinnear

Joe Kinnear Member

I think it's absolutely shocking that people would speculate over the future of Redknapp and his contract in such a brash and tactless manner

*cough*Demba Ba*cough*

Good to see 'Arry finally getting a taste of his own medicine. He's been unsettling players in the press for years

3. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

Sarcasm noted!

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

On the other hand, it took him several weeks, or if you prefer it took him until until Roy Hodgson got the job, before he distanced himself from the England job...

5. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

Let's face it Arry was never going to be a long term prospect anyway being 62 when he started was he? I'd prefer a proven coach in his 40's who'll stay a while and bring stability. I feel we are like that with a goalkeeper too. Brad was forty something when he started with us and all sorts of names have been bandied about for a time now. We need a stable manager and goalkeeper,a couple of strikers and a good cb and we'll compete. I'd prefer Arry out.

6. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Malafeev looks a good keeper, I know he is 33 years old and a one club player but might be worth a bid.

7. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

Moyes would be fantastic. If we can't get him then Redknapp staying would be my 2nd choice.

8. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18418066

Seems to be some weight to this speculation as usually when these stories appear then journos have got hold of some info.

Am not surprised levy and redknapps relationship has possibly become strained as i mentioned that a while back but i hope we don't think "the grass is greener" by going for some over rated foreign manager or unproven young manager like martinez as no matter what some think about redknapp, if we sack him and go for a new manager it could set us back further then our end of season slump.

I would rather levy has a frank conversation with redknapp and attempts to make changes to our current system, like bringing in a number two like steve clarke (who went to west brom) as I feel redknapp just needs a real number 2, someone with superb tactical knowledge and understanding of the game to bounce off, but weather redknapp would be open to that is another thing and i expect he would throw his toys out the pram, which is a shame.

9. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

We do need to have a rethink when it comes to training methods as well, as the apparent lack of set piece training continues to cost us points. And, as suggested, if we bring in a #2 that will work with Harry instead of just agreeing with him all the time, it may well have benefit the team.

We should also consider having a general manager in place, as Levy working as a proxy DoF has worked on some occasions, but has failed to work in others - the protracted move for Vertonghen being the latest example of the latter. We were supposedly looking at Txiki Begiristain a couple of months ago, although that talk has long since cooled off.

10. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm far from a fan of Redknapp's involvement with the press, but he normally gives out stock replies to questions about other teams' players.
    "Triffic player, like him a lot, he's contracted with someone else, though."

His comments about Ba may have been news to fans, but I doubt that they were news to anyone in the game.

11. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

what did he say about Ba? And when?

12. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

He mentioned that he'd heard that Ba had a release clause in his contract of less than £10m.
    I think it happened in January.
    The rumour mill has adjusted that to about £7m now, if you believe that sort of thing.

Adebayor for £8m and Ba for £7m?
    Job done?

13. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

that would be nice.
    Does Ba have a dodgy knee? I thought he was cheap leaving west ham because of it?

14. gent

gent Well-Known Member

Not even then... he just looked completely defeated when it was announced Hodgson got it.

15. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Ba failed a medical at Stoke when they tried to sign him from Hoffenheim.
    It was a knee problem.

Newcastle got him for nothing from West Ham, as they rather naively included a relegation release clause.
    He signed for £6m in January and left for nothing in the following transfer window. <doh>

16. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Cheeky sarcasm, nothing nasty! :)

17. lennypops

lennypops Well-Known Member

Er - would that be the clear and public statement that he would have taken the job what you're referring to there as "distancing himself from the England job"?

Blimey.

Harry's a monster cos he says that he would have accepted the England job (as he basically hinted at at the time).

Harry's a monster cos he distances himself from the England job but not til too late.

Good job that Modric, VDV, Bale, not to mention some of the most loved players ever to play for us, have never acknowledged any desire to play for bigger teams or shown that when a fantastic opportunity comes along they may well take it.

Harry out! How dare he want what he considers to be the biggest job in football. He's only 65! Plenty of time for those dreams in the future!

18. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Oh come off it!! He's not some young, inexperienced footballer who doesn't know any better. He's been around the game for 50 years, or so, player and manager. He's the manager of a top premiership club FFS.he's SUPPOSED to act with a little tact and diplomacy. Both totally alien concepts to our Mr Redknapp, it would seem.

19. lennypops

lennypops Well-Known Member

All I'm saying is that Harry never distanced himself from the England job, as HBIC suggested. This would have been much more annoying for all those here who want him out, wouldn't it? For him to change his tune like that in an obviously cynical way? But he didn't - he's been 100% consistent regarding the England job: He'd want it if it were offered. I just think that that is OK.

Saying such things about the England job is very, very different to openly saying he'd be happy to move to a bigger club - something that many of our most loved players have actually done.

20. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Given his blatant courtship of the "bigger" England job, I've do doubt that had a bigger and better club been interetested in him, he would have shown the same amount of loyalty to us, that he displayed over the England situation.