1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal don't appear to be laughing at us anymore!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Hoddle is a god, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't want to descend to the same depths as our North London cousins by starting a "Let's Laugh At Arsenal" thread, because I think we are a little bit more refined than that. However, I have noted that the Gooners do seem to have stopped laughing at us, recently.

With tonight's crunch game against Reading, they will either keep their dreams of a top 4 finish alive, or find themselves vying for a mid-table fight with the likes of Stoke and 'Pool. One can, perhaps, understand only too well why they are in no mood for laughing.

Since I've been away, I have read that both 'Pool and Chelsea have made it clear that they are interested in signing Walnut in the January transfer window, although I am struggling to see how him staying will have any real bearing on the outcome of their season. What they really need is to buy a marque striker in the window, but I am at a loss to fathom who would want to take a chance on playing no CL footy, next season. It must be a real worry for every Gooner.

I am not going to hark on about the North London Power-Shift, as we've all seen that coming for several seasons, now, and it was only a matter of time before we began to dominate the North London football scene. No, I think the Gooners will be concerned more generally with how their club seems to be spiraling down the table, since it is more than likely that, even if AVB conspires with our lads to blow this season, one is struggling to make a case for Arsenal finishing in the top 4.

It is far too early to start talking in terms of Arsenal finally relinquishing their place at the top 4 table, because there is every chance that they may actually replace Whinger and spend the kind of money that will enable them to buy back their former glory days (of several seasons ago). But what if they don't? It is possible that this could be it for them. Look at what's happened to 'Pool, after all.

I know the likes of PESKIE and Arsenal87 think I would revel in AFC's demise, but that isn't quite true. Yes, I would probably scoff for a little while, but eventually that would be replaced with a kind of sadness. I'd miss the cut and thrust of our season, more so than I have missed the fear that we used to all feel when we played 'Pool at Klanfield, for example.

All of this may, of course, be mere premature speculation. Let's see how they get on tonight against the League's bottom club. In a strange kind of way, I might even be rooting for the Old Enemy.

2. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

If they don't beat Reading tonight every single one of their players should be sacked. Looking at their upcoming fixtures I wouldn't be surprised if they went on a bit of a run but hopefully with some tough games in January/early February their season will still be over at the traditional time.

3. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Well-Known Member

If they don't beat Reading tonight every single one of their players should be given a massive Christmas bonus

4. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

These words could come back to bite you in the arse HIAG.

They're only 5 points behind us with a game in hand. - They win that, it doesn't take a genius to work out they'll only be 2 points behind us. Aren't we all under the impression that we're doing pretty well this season?! It seems daft to suggest that a win against reading tonight means that it'll "keep their dreams of a top 4 alive", yet a defeat will mean they are "vying for a midtable fight". it's one game for them out of another 22 to come.

Arsenal are by no means spiralling down the table; the league is just tighter this season and there's a lot of movement going on. We're still only 17 games in and it's just too early to call anything yet. It was obvious that losing RVP was going to be a massive kick in the balls, but they are by no means a mid table club as of yet. (and I don't think they will be by the end of the season either, or any time in the near future for that matter).

They'll strengthen in Jan, as will a lot of other clubs. The second half of the season will be very interesting, to say the least.

5. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

Exactly Roo, I would say the same thing... but you said it better!

6. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

This is a bit premature HIAG but there is certainly a trend forming. Five seasons ago a joint Arsenal/Spurs team would have had at least nine Arsenal players. Now the squads are much more equally matched, in fact I'm not sure any of the current Arsenal team would strengthen our first XI that much.

7. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

I honestly don't see how the result of one match at this stage of the season defines whether a team finishes in the top four or not. Remember last year when they caught us up? You're too early with this analysis HIAG.

8. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They'll batter Reading, I think.
    The home side will probably score via a set-piece, but their defence just isn't up to it.

9. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

I was tempted to go to this game tonight; Reading being one of my local clubs. However, paying money to potentially see Arsenal win is probably not the best idea as a spurs fan! <laugh>

10. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

To be fair to Reading, they absolutely put Arsenal to the sword in the first half of their CoC game.
    Only a ****e, cowardly ref allowed the Goons back into it, so that they could get knocked out by Bradford! <laugh>

11. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Are you seriously suggesting HIAG shot his load too quickly <laugh>

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

He was drinking from four skins the other night <whistle>

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

This thread is littered with quotes that are going to come back and bite HAIG on his fake Lawyer arse <ok>

14. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

Let's call it premature ejaculation.

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

'Spiraling down the table' now 2pts behind Spurs, with more than double better goal difference <ok>

16. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

just been having a look at the Wrexham fan's forum,i like them,thay have a laugh at the goons thread,and a let's laugh at liverpool thread!.Haig must have been there <laugh>

17. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

Hiag hiag hiag , will you ever learn ?

WAIT until its over before you make your comments.

Have you already forgotten how embarrassed you were last may ?

tut tut .

18. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

HIAG is essentially Spurs' spin doctor, why do rival fans take what he says so literally?

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

We don't <ok>

But he provides an endless source of blundering hilarity, so it's hard not to laugh at him.

There should be a new term invented for Hiagisms, there you go I just did <laugh>

20. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Sums up your manager quite well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.