1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal Media Bias watch.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheBear, Sep 10, 2021.

1. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Just thought I would create a thread to Document the Anti-Arsenal media push we see from outlets like Talksport.

2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Firstly our signings... Despite the fact that half of the players we brought in have yet to make an appearance for us they have already been written off.
    If we had signed big names and spent £300-400 million we would be receiving criticizm for 'trying to buy success'. Now that we have brought in young talent the narrative is we are signing poor/lower quality players.

I could post 5-6 Talksport clips of those morons trashing players they have never even seen play EPL football.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/arsenal-mikel-arteta-edu-transfer-21394465

We also have Paul Merson trashing Arsenal at every oppurtunity he gets. Weighing in on the transfer debate.

Our Technical Director even felt it was necessay to come out and publically defend our transfer dealings.

So lets look at the signings:

Ramsdale - Was quite expensive to be fair £29 million but that's not usual for an English player. I mean Chelsea spent £70m on a keeper who doesnt start for them.
    Truth is I dont know how good Ramsdale is - Is he better than Leno? quite possibly.

Lokonga - Captain of Anderlecht by 20 years Old. Box to Box midfielder.
    He's 6'1 can tackle and defend. He looks an absolutely Class young player - you have to say his potential is crazy high. With Partey fit he already stands a good chance of starting ahead of Xhaka.

Odengaard - I like this signing alot. Huge potential,Captain of his National team can play AMF or RW.
    Give him games and he will continue to improve. He's a class act.

Tavarez - Looks a decent back up for Tierney at LB.

Ben White - Ok he had a poor first game and he was expensive. (particularly when you consider we still have Saliba on loan)
    But is he a good player? Yes. Arteta is clearly after a Defender who can find those long distance crossfield passes and this guy is superb in that respect.

Tomiyasu - Not many Japanese players have been successful in the EPL its true. The main difference here is that rather than being undersized for the league Tomiyasu is big for a fullback (6'2) Last Season in Italy he was superb, he's quick, hard working and can cover CB should we get injuries in that position.
    Again he's a bit of an unknown but this could be a very clever signing.

You cant judge any young players before they have had time to adjust to the league. I just dont like to see individuals being written off before they even been given a chance.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    Bergkamp10 likes this.