1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur - League Cup Match Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BrunelGooner, Dec 17, 2018.

1. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

I assume that there is no release clause in his loan to allow you to bring him back in January? Looks a real talent to me and would certainly improve your options.

2. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

And bring Leon Bailey and/or Gnabry with Nelson while we're over in Germany.

3. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

There's no information about there being an early release clause. I think the club would be reluctant to do it anyway.

The initial intention was for him to develop in Germany and the club wanted to give him a full season of first-team action so that he can come back ready for the Arsenal side in 2019.

That being said, with these injuries we keep getting every facking game, and the fact our options on the flanks are mediocre at best, I would be tempted to see if we could bring him back early if such a clause did exist. Would the club exercise that right? Guess we'd have to wait and see.

For Emery's tactics to work, having natural width is critical to succeed and for our attacking players to flourish. Iwobi started the season well, but has reverted back to type. Mkhitaryan's improved in recent weeks, but he still isn't at the level he needs to be at. You're completely right that Nelson would improve us tenfold. Just frustrating that we have no better options right now.

The Changing Man likes this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Mkhitaryan has been much better recently. But I'd still bring Nelson back after Jan unless we bring a wide player in.

5. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

yep...wot a ****...scores a class goal and has the audacity to complain about having a bottle thrown at him

<laugh>