1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Article: AW and Arsenal - Keep the Faith | Football, Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by afcftw, Aug 16, 2011.

1. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

So despite me holding on until the very last moment my thinking that Fabregas may stay was shattered and he has now made his dream move to Barcelona.

I was more than a little gutted seeing him in a Barca shirt but good luck to the lad and i look forward to seeing him play alongside the likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in the very best midfield in the world.

It would seem from reports that we did not get quite as screwed as it first looked and who knows - maybe one day he will return to Arsenal.

Either way you feel about it he is gone now so let's get looking to the future.

We now have ALOT of cash to spend. AW will make improvements to the squad i am 100% certain of that. There is no way he gonna let Fabregas leave and not replace him.

I think everyone should keep faith in AW and his transfer dealings until the window closes and we know exactly where we stand.

I also think people should stop being so harsh on the team. Stop booing players and stop trying to push Nasri out the door. He is a quality player and loves it at Arsenal. He may have had his head turned by massive wages, but realisticaly who wouldn't? I personally hope he stays for another season and if we do well he will re-sign, if not he will prob leave. But that's life.

Can us fans please get behind the team, get behidn the players, get behind the manager and get behind the club. We need to give some proper support to the team to spur them on this season as it's going to be a difficult one anyway and they don't need us making it more difficult for them!

In Wenger we Trust! (just about :p)

2. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

I agree, I do not know what those who are moaning (while it is understandable), hope to achieve. We can only help our team move forward by being behind them and motivating them when times are hard as they are now.

3. The Bonstar Wandit

The Bonstar Wandit Well-Known Member

I'm worried.
    Not gonna hide that. We knew Fabregas was going, but we hoped Nasri would stay. Now it looks like he's going too. This doesn't worry me the most though. What worries me the most is that Wilshere is injured, and without him, the centre of the park looks very uncreative.

Ramshere is seen as the future of Arsenal, but all of us have seen for some time that Rosicky is a shadow of what he was. He faces a fitness test for Udinese, and if he can't play...then who!?

4. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Ok, so for our next game against opposition we should beat we have a couple of injuries - that's no reason to go all crazy at AW and the players though is it?

I expect we will bring in another CM atleast during this transfer window. But i expect we will get another 2 players in.

5. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

is'nt Walcott a player who can play centre midfield for you?

6. It would be interesting to see who we buy, quality or potential? While the second is always good to have, what we need now is the first characteristic.

7. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

We will see what Wenger does, his recent track record on transfers has been dodgy to say the least. Lets hope for his sake, because i do want him to stay, that he buys in some quality because the fans will be on his back BIG TIME this season!

8. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

If for example he gets in Mata and a CB i think most fans would actually take a step back and think "Oh, he's done alright actually"

And even once the transfer window is closed, those who think he has done poorly i hope will realise that the only way we are going to achieve anything this season and the only way we will hold onto our top players is by the fans really getting behind the team and supporting the players through good and bad.

9. totsfan

He's already dismissed buying Mata the other day

10. The Magic Man

The Magic Man Well-Known Member

100% agree.

Too many negative fans at the moment.

11. The Bonstar Wandit

The Bonstar Wandit Well-Known Member

i don't consider myself negative. i consider myself a supporter of the team, and what's good for the team. i'd never boo the players, or the manager. i do, however, consider myself a realist. at this point, without additions in at absolute minimum midfield, the team will finish outside of the top 4.

12. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

I am angry !

Wenger has fed us a pack of untruths ! He said he would strengthen the squad but he has not.

We have been no different during pre-season and the game on Saturday to our run in last season, we look just as poor.

We are entitled to boo the team, we are not happy. We pay the highest ticket prices in the league and what is our return on investment ? We get ticket price rises and no change to the squad. It is disgusting how we are being treated.

13. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

I agree about Wenger lying about strengthening the squad as buying Jenkinson and OXO is buying potential and not strengthening,

Not sure booing the team would be good but we should show our displeasure to Wenger directly

14. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

The fans have been behind the team as we saw the dismantling of a perfectly good winning squad, the Invincibles and the deluded quest to mirror Barcelona with a bunch of players not suited to the physical nature of English football. The fans have supported the team and I find your attitude quite annoying to be honest. For 6 years we have watched, In Arsene We Trust, and for 6 years we have seen a steady decline and a loss of our best players many of whom are fed up of us not being able to win things. RVP and Nasri both asked for assurances that the squad would be strengthened but it has not.

When the fans are paying as much as we are to be told the same rubbish season after season, there comes a point where we want to be heard.

15. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Your not entitled to boo the team - your a fool if you think that booing the team will help in any way.

All of you fans who need anger management classes who just shout and boo and moan need to think about the consequences this has on the team. Get behidn the boys and they will perform better. Boo them and they will be demoralised and make more mistakes.

This season will be difficult enough without our own fans making it more difficult.

16. totsfan

you should never boo your team,it's not thier fault,and they are doing thier bit,you should let your manager know in other ways

17. Tuffnell Toughie

Tuffnell Toughie New Member

It might be better if we had a manager who is not a deluded old fool.

He is tactically naive,stubborn in the extreme and sells all our best players.

He lies to the fans about the bringing in of replacements and is past his sell by.

Remember that in the end he who pays the piper calls the tune and it is the fans who pay the wages.

18. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

I don't think it is just the team that is being booed, I think it is everyone and everything, team and management, it is one of 2 ways to voice disapproval, the other is to not turn up to games.

What do you suggest the disgruntled fans do ? when I am paying big bucks to support my team and pay those big wages I want to see effort being made. If the manager steadfastly refuses to make the changes that are so blatantly obvious I will boo him until he gets the point.

Football is an emotional game.

19. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

I honestly believe the highest ticket prices argument is a red herring.There are plenty of tickets available at the Emirates that are cheaper than many Premiership clubs

20. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

How long are we supposed to 'keep the faith for?'