1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Article: AW and Arsenal - Keep the Faith | Football, Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by afcftw, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Tuffnell Toughie

Tuffnell Toughie New Member

I think he meant season ticket prices, which are the highest in the Prem.

2. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Well TheBear that depends on how long we have this current crop of players and Manager. I think it's important to always keep faith in the team and support them even when incredibly pissed off and frustrated.

Getting really annoyed with the team and booing them doesn't help anyone and just makes the situation worse.

Maybe if enough fans are annoyed they should sign a petition and send it in to the club, or write letters to mr Wenger, or take some other form of protest that doesn't require us to demotivate the team and cause another crappy season.

I genuinely understand peoples frustrations as i get incredibly wound up by the situation as well, but the best approach in my opinion is to get behind the club, keep faith in the players and Manager and enjoy the season comming up. I do not think AW will remain manager for too many mroe seasons without silverware under Kroenke - so i say keep faith until the club decides to go in a different direction.

3. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

I'd use the same argument about season tickets <ok>
    Don't forget Arsenal season tickets also include 7 cup matches whilst most club's season tickets are for league games only

4. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Arsene's contract is up in 2014, he has said he will not renew. Until then I suggest we all stop moaning about the state of the club and get behind the team. Moaning has not changed the situation up til now, it only serves to make the situation worse. I know it's hard but let's support the team through thick and thin... we'll get through this. We are Arsenal. COYG.

5. CZECH RED/WHITE

Wish the Press would Give over Bashing Arsenal and Wenger. The Football the Gunners Play is a Joy. For English Football it is Important Arsenal go through to the Next Round of the Champions League. Wish the Fans would Keep the Faith. They do not Know, How Lucky they are. Come Down to the Bottom Leagues. Get Behind the Team, and the Manager. Good Luck Tonight. Me, we have Walsall at Home.

6. Tuffnell Toughie

I think it is up to 7 cup games included if they happen. Not much use if we get knocked out in opening rounds.

The ST price can only include home cup games, so it could mean no cup matches at all included if they are all away.

Arsenal season tickets are at least twice as much as Man U's or Chelsea's so £600 difference for a few cup games hardly it make great value.

7. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

I bet Man Utd or Chelsea have season tickets that are dearer than some of our ST's
    My argument about match tickets is solely based on what i paid to go to away games last season compared to what the opposing fans paid for tickets to the Emirates

8. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Well you see I agree and disagree.(if that makes any sense)

We should always be behind the team and offer them support.

However if you love the club and you need to access things objectively and speak out when it's no longer under the right leadership. Wenger has done a MASSIVE amount for this club he's been more than just a manager but the fact is the club is no longer winning trophies. - That's an issue that HAS to be addressed.

Something has to change. Either the manager, the coaching staff, the transfer funds, transfer negotiating or way we're soo quick to sell off our best players.

9. Tuffnell Toughie

The situation for Arsenal away games prices will be a lot different from the Emirates prices as they are based on the host teams ticket price structure which is generally a whole lot cheaper than ours conversely away supporters visiting the Emirates will pay higher prices.

Naturally not as many Arsenal fans go to away games and this is where the apparent discrepancy arises.

10. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

When I am paying almost £80 to watch a match and get some food and a drink I think that gives me the right to complain if I feel the club are sucking the fans dry and not giving anything back in return.

At Highbury I could buy 2 decent adult tickets for that money.

11. I think the fans who pay their hard earned money have a right to voice their opinion. It is after all they who for the most part contribute to the financial well-being and longevity of the club. Members here will know that I have supported Arsene while at times commenting on the difficulties that continuous delays brings to the club and it's effect on the future. The club is bigger than it's players but it is not bigger than it's fanbase. When that goes what do you have left?

Thus far we have been promised early activity in the transfer window and now that isn't the case with the latest being that the asking price of players exceed the club's valuation. If we do not bring in adequate replacements for Fabregas and Nasri, all that the money that will be sitting in the bank will not be helping the club grow and prosper. Buying bargain basement players is a false economy and is only slightly better than not buying at all. For that, you only have to look at what happened as a result of not buying in January this year. I would have thought the club's management will have learned from that.

12. The Magic Man

The Magic Man Well-Known Member

Firstly I suggest that you stop going.

Secondly I would imagine that you are too young to have a clue what you are talking about.

13. The Magic Man

The Magic Man Well-Known Member

OK here goes. We do NOT have the highest ticket prices.

Prices for some clubs lowest priced full adult tickets for the cheapest games, as follows:

Chelsea £52
    Liverpool £39
    Spuds £31
    Man U £28
    Stoke £25

Arsenal £35

So, not the most expensive and I couldn't be bothered to look at any other clubs.

As for the season ticket price increase, well that's inflation, plus the fact there has been a price freeze for a while.

If you don't like it, don't renew. Plenty of people will buy the season tickets. Supply and demand and all that.

14. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

Thank you<ok>

15. nairobian gooner

Fair argument but sometimes I feel like the fans get behind the team, the manager the club in general but that is not reciprocated. The club doesnt "get behind" the fans.

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<applause>