1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Article: Spurs prospects | Football, Tottenham

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Spurf, Aug 11, 2011.

1. OnlyOneDB

OnlyOneDB Well-Known Member

errrrr..... are any people talking about us being in a fight for fourth? From EVERY pundit I've seen the fight for fourth is between Arsenal & Liverpool (with a smattering of Chelsea/Man City in there too?)

Anywhere in the top four, as long as its there or thereabouts is challenging for the title.

2. SSChotspur

SSChotspur Member

ahh yes in the 4-5-1 formation defoe hasn't proven he has been able to play with vdv, allthough in the 433 he would play in the midfield three, however, this is all fantasy football probably wouldn't work in real life :L Anyway what part of Liverpool's new transfers are premiership proven? Carol, has only had one half of the season in the premier league (allthough did show ability) Henderson looked impressive in the first half of the season but had a dip in form so i don't know how that warrants a 20 million pound transfer, Downing is a risk and has never played for a team in the top 6 and Adam may prove not to work so well in a team in which he's not the star man. Having said that, it all depends on how these players perform and they have certainly strengthened.

3. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

I think Pool have only bought average players, they've shipped 15 goals pre season including a 4-0 drubbing, Suarez will be knackered and or injured later on after the Copa, ( when did Ledders let him out of his pocket!) no, without considering pre season form, I don't see them as one we have to catch up to at all.

4. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

They did better against lower opposition overall than us, thats why they gave us a run for our money at the end, choked on the big occasion though, thats all we need to brush up on.

5. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think that they made a late push because we ran out of steam through a lack of sensible rotation and they made tactical and personnel changes at the right time, before being found out.

Some of our key players burned out or picked up injuries, whereas a lot of theirs were fresh, due to a lack of European football, as they rested virtually their whole team for the Europa League.
    The sale of Torres and Babel allowed them to pick up Carroll, who didn't have a massive impact and Suarez, who did.

6. Wandering Yid

Wandering Yid Well-Known Member

Henderson and Downing are mediocre signings in my opinion. Henderson could turn out to be very good but not for 3/4 years given the amount of playing time he is likely to get. Downing has never really impressed me, although that could be because he is always ****e for England. At club level he has done alright I suppose.

Adam was brilliant for Blackpool, but won't be the main man at Liverpool and is unlikely to be taking the free-kicks and penalties which contributed quite a lot to his Blackpool record.

Enrique was the 3rd best player in a pretty poor Newcastle side - overrated due to the shortage of good left-backs. Would rather BAE and possibly even Rose.

I'd be happy to see Suarez and Carroll at Spurs though.

7. Wandering Yid

Wandering Yid Well-Known Member

Have heard he is a bit of a loose cannon. But for now he would definitely by an improvement on Crouchinho...

8. SSChotspur

SSChotspur Member

you say carrol has no self discipline but didn'y Suarez bite a player? :L

9. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

So did Defoe, what's wrong with these rabid little strikers?