1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Article: Swansea City vs Norwich City Match Preview & Thread|Football, Swansea City, Norwich City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Scottswan, Feb 10, 2012.

1. redruthyella

redruthyella Active Member

I bought that Loussier version, in fact, they had to order it. People were offering me silly money for it in the end. It was being used for an advert I seem to remember.

2. ncfcwonky

ncfcwonky New Member

It's down to the individual's perception. People think their team has more or less of the ball than they really do.

3. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

You a big Loussier fan then redruth?

4. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Really man, I'm talking about games in League One and the Championship where we genuinely did have the lions share of possession, and then BBC reckoned it was pretty much 50-50? No way! It's only really been picked up on in the last year and a half, but we've been playing the same way for years, and under Sousa it was way more "possession at all costs" - at times we seemed disinterested in scoring goals! I go with Opta stats, but BBC I take with a pinch of salt.

5. redruthyella

redruthyella Active Member

I was becoming very interested in most forms of jazz at that stage. I was listening to everything from Miles Davis to John McLaughlin. And Loussiers trio were part of that education. Tried playing jazz bass (didn't have a double just electric) but unfortunately I'm bad at all forms of bass playing. Sadly I moved away from that style to big band as a preference. Even sadder is that most of the albums are now in the loft and haven't been played for some time.
    Is he still going? I'm sure I read he collaborates with many artists.

6. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

best thread on not606 <ok>

swansea fans, take a bow. you seem to be the most gracious supporters around. unfortunately, your manager and some of your players have not been quite so gracious but they are not used to losing and perhaps its excusable. they certainly aren't used to be being outplayed at the liberty stadium!

good luck for the rest of the season and it'll be good to cross swords again next season - both our teams have the potential to be premier league mainstays for a good while yet <cheers>

7. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

In fairness to them 2 of the goals were deflected, and one of those I've been told involved a player in an offside position, so you can understand their frustrations! As has been said, no-one can begrudge Norwich the win, but on another day it could've been very different.

Good luck for the rest of the season guys, I'm sure we'll be playing each other in the PL next year!

8. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

i can understand the manager shielding his players and saying they could have got something from the game - that can be viewed as keeping their morale up etc but for dyer to come out and say we kicked them off the park is pathetic, i'm sure you'll agree. we passed you off the park, were stronger, pressed high (as we did at carrow road) and totally nulified your tactics. rodgers has done a remarkable job and will continue to do so - i don't really have any problem with him although i think he could have given us a bit more credit for totally stopping you playing your football, but there was no need for dyers comments really. i just found it a bit annoying but thats why i am full of praise for your fans - you all represent your club extremely well - its a good trait to have <ok>

9. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

I'd agree with everything you said, but I do think Dyer had a bit of a kicking! Nothing outrageous, it's just he's obviously one of our dangermen and was treated as such - ie. "get close to him and stop him breaking at full speed at ALL costs.". Also, I don't think he meant you kicked the entire team, just him :p I'd hope for my team to do the same if roles were reversed to be honest! The Swans just need to make sure we bounce back after the international break.

10. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

you'll have no problems at all bouncing back. there are some seriously weak teams in this league this year, and neither of our clubs are one of them <ok>

11. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Innit. The bottom 5 separated by 2 points says it all. Realistically if any team above that 5 drops into it now they've only themselves to blame? We've got Liverpool (home) and Man Utd (away) as our last 2 games, so we need to be safe by then!

12. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

i think our current total of 35 will be enough so you just need one win and two draws i reckon. your home record will pretty much guarantee you three or four more wins so you have absolutely nothing to worry about! we can both relax and enjoy the rest of the season although we are a bit more relaxed than you for the time being!! <cigarsout>

13. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member