1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Article: Swansea City vs Norwich City Match Preview & Thread|Football, Swansea City, Norwich City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Scottswan, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Phuketcanary

Phuketcanary Well-Known Member

2. Phuketcanary

1 Tottenham Hotspur 29
    2 West Bromwich Albion 31
    3 Manchester United 32
    4 Swansea City 34
    5 Norwich City 35

3. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

4. Phuketcanary

ah yes. if i were swansea id try to add a couple of yellows on to your tally, let fulham have europe again, their showing what a strain it can be this season.

5. I_Clean_holtys_boots

I_Clean_holtys_boots Active Member

Ah boo, changed drasticly since this time last week... Just goes to show what a yellow or red card can do to that table <ok>

6. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

It's mad isn't it? I read somewhere that if Ian Holloway's antics (Blackpool scored lowest in the league in the category "Respect from club officials to matchday officials" or whatever it's called) hadn't been so bad, they'd have been in Europe!

7. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Bloody hell Canaries, is there a better sight than Miss Minogue's rear end.:emoticon-0102-bigsm

Have to say while I'm confident for tomorrow and predict a 2-0 win, I am however apprehensive as Norwich are a decent side, Holt for me is one of the best CF in the PL. The lads got style and guile, have been impressed with him this season.

This game is very intriguing as Scott mentioned two very different styles of play. So were in for a treat, just hope the Swans come out on top.

One thing for sure is that both sides can look forward to playing each other next season in the PL.

Last but not least, top thread Scott.

8. Kent canary

Kent canary Well-Known Member

A balanced and thoughtful preview - You do realise this is the internet don't you?

More tribal jingoism, misinformed generalisations and mangling of the English language next time please.

9. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Not to worry Kent , Dragonphil will be along sometime to fulfill your wish of mangling :emoticon-0102-bigsm the English language lol !!

10. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

Canariesoccer, paper means nothing fella. You play some great stuff and score for fun sometimes. On paper, we should win, but that means nothing. Whatever will be will be. All we know is it should a a cracker of a game.

11. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

We need both Graham and Sinclair to have their shooting boots on tomorrow, Graham is currently on 8 goals, and Sinclair on 7, and as we are coming into the business end of the season, would be nice if they both started to go up a gear, and tomorrow would be a good game to start! I said early season that Graham would get about 15 goals, and he is well on target, just needs to improve his edge in the box!.................
    please log in to view this image

12. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

No disrespect to the Canaries but a comfortable win for us - 3-0.

But..........anything can happen and if the players feel any weight of expectation from the home fans it may get to them.

Great thread again, Scott: <applause>

13. It'sChicoTime

Hope your prediction is right Oz, would be an awesome result.

14. tipsycanary

tipsycanary Well-Known Member

Excellent well balanced post and much more insight than most journalists who just seem to make up an article based on what pundits say not on their view of a match.

Anyway I would say Swansea win, but I feel that while the Swans will employ their usual patient build up play, Norwich must be equally patient in defence. To a certain extent it is worth sacrificing even more possession in order to hold our defensive shape similar to the Chelsea match. With players such as Dyer and Sinclair we must prevent them from getting in behind us where they can cause most damage and make them play the game in front of our defence. Norwich are more than capable of producing good counter attacks and quality from set pieces in an attempt to win the game.

Can't wait should be a cracker

OTBC

15. Carbrooke Canary

Carbrooke Canary Active Member

Well I'm predicting a bit of a goals fest here which may well end up a high scoring draw 3-3!!

16. It'sChicoTime

Honestly can't see is conceding 3 at home mate. The most we've conceded is one lol.

17. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Great game in prospect! Given our home form we should edge this but the way Norwich are playing you can never discount them. Holt and Morrison are dangerous strikers and the midfield get up in support as well.

Lambert seems to have worked out how to combat our game as well as anyone; even last season at the Liberty I thought 3-0 flattered us. If we don't match Canaries' energy and work rate we could well lose this game. Allen and Britton will have to mark the opposing midfield's runs into our box - and it goes without saying that crosses will be very dangerous for us. I still fancy us, maybe 2-1 but it will not be an easy game for us.

Safe travel for you Canary supporters and great thread as ever, Scott.

18. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

This will be a hard fought battle for Promotion bragging rights , all players playing will know it & will be putting in a major effort . Should be a humdinger no matter the outcome

19. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

3-1 Swans if Holt and Morison can be held for the first 20 as prev mentioned. Just hope all the bottom teams playing against each other draw

20. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

From what Norwich fans are saying, it sounds like you're getting used to (here's that word again!) "direct" football - would that be fair to say? Do you think, if that is the case, it's Lambert's way of getting the best possible results with the current group? Or do you think he prefers playing that kind of system?

Also, if anyone reading has Twitter or uses any other social media, it'd be much appreciated if you could share this link;

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/notomcdonalds/

It's to stop McDonalds being built on the site of the stadium, which, by the looks of it, would hinder expansion. Stupid bureaucratic nonsense! No way it should be built there.