1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Askey and Lewis

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Zenfootball2, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

Does Askey have blinkers on about Lewis
    he has sang his praises a number of times in interviews he is normal sub for Angol or Holloway and Accrington is the first game that he did not do that, let us be glad that Okenabirhie did come to a well deserved warm reception , his run to the near post left pulling defenders with him gave Gilliead space to head the goal

https://www.shropshirestar.com/spor...-of-room-for-improvement-for-shrewsbury-town/

even in article praising Okenabirhie for his hat trick and the dilemma of were to play him , he is still praising Lewis. unfortently Askey is one of the few who thinks he rates any time in the first team

yes Lewis score against Tranmere but then he missed a number of chances , in the reserve game he missed four sitters,. Lewis has had ample first team games and the gulf in ability is plain to see when he plays alongside Okenabirhie.

Matster likes this.
  2. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Difficult for me to see how LJL even got a contract after not starting a league game last season. I have nothing against him - he has been a good player (especially at non-league level) but injuries have taken their toll and he looks way off the pace this season. Surely Holloway looks first choice option for the hold-up player - I thought he did really well at Walsall. As for Angol not showing enough energy - to my mind he has never been far away from Man of the Match even when played out of position wide. He looks the player most likely to poach a goal and surely must be restored to the middle on Saturday. There are quite a few issues with this team for Askey to solve - Giliead looks too lightweight to start (but decent as an impact sub) and Beckles badly needs a rest from playing left-back.
    There is a school of thought on B and A that says this squad is stronger than that from last year - surely that is not correct as any one of Henderson, Brown, Nsiala, Nolan, Ogogo, Godfrey, Rodman, C. Morris and even Payne would in my opinion walk into the current team. However, those players have all gone and we do have some capable replacements. We have been poor at times but have never been beaten by more than an odd goal so we have been in every game. We need the manager and coaching staff to improve and find a more effective formation for the players we have. It is no good bleating about a lack of effort and fight - team spirit comes from the coach having an effective idea of how the team is going to play and finding the key to getting the maximum out of each player - Hurst was very good at that and Askey needs to step up to the mark pretty quickly.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  3. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

" team spirit comes from the coach having an effective idea of how the team is going to play and finding the key to getting the maximum out of each player"
    i completely agree he picked most of the team so he is the man to make them tick.and for a formation were they can play to there best.

it must be demoralising for Angol to be dropped for Lewis!