1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Attendance figures down!

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Sapphire, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Another set of really poor attendance figures last night for L1 and L2. The trend has to be of concern to some of the clubs who may have over committed on the wage bill. Leaving out the Sheffield clubs whose loyal supporters really deserve better than what they have been given, only one game better than a relatively low Gas gate. Are there signs that major changes may occur in League football? The bottom line is football is a business and as such cannot run on fresh air.

2. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Major changes have already been put in place, wages are capped this season which will affect each side next season. The gate yesterday was very poor, and im very surprised to see it was the highest in our league!

3. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Piss poor gates for piss poor football or was it just the wind

4. saintsalive

saintsalive Member

Southampton fan in peace. I think the clubs had better wake up & smell the coffee.
    Money is very tight for families at this time & only football clubs seem to unaware of this. You see players turning up for training in expensive flash cars, expensive night club trips, blowing money on girls - they are not living in the real world.
    I have a feeling that a large dose of reality is going to kick in with clubs before long and not before time.
    I look at families turning up at St Mary,s and I think "how the hell do they afford it?
    2 adults, 2 kids - most be nearing £100.00 a shot.
    The clubs need to take the economy on board and realise - nothing lasts forever

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

also 4 away games on the trot wont help finances for some of our fans. 1st home night game for us since the kids (like chris) returned back to school so less younger ones and that would mean less adults who have to stay and look after the kids. also i know school uniforms are very expensive so less money for some to use to pay to get in. latest results like not getting nothing from hereford dont help. also as we been out of form and the shrews won 4 on the bounce, people may have thought we had another crawley score on the cards.

6. Sapphire

If the money doesn't come to the club's coffers via the gate, then the successful clubs could all be those with deep pocket investors realising their personal dreams. Football is a game for the people and should be of the people. Large gates do not guarantee success, but I would prefer to see the clubs with genuine traditional supporters given a fairer opportunity in the equation. As 'saintsalive' and Chris G point out player's salaries should also reflect the club's genuine income. I know there will always be ways found around rules, as player's in the days of the maximum wage and amateurs appear to have received a little something in their boots etc... If major investor's wish to dish out the dosh then perhaps they should only be allowed to invest in the infrastructure of the club.

7. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

but you're such a big club <rofl> <rofl> <laugh>

8. Sapphire

Thank you

9. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

i suspect there were not many shrews at the gas on tuesday because of the cost of getting to the emirates, the carling rickets are most reasonable at 10 and 5 for concess. but travelling costs mount up and of course the gas have such a large wage bill. doubtless they will see to this in january

10. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

good luck gas against the shots, 3 more points and you will be breaking into a trot especially if results go well elsewhere. can you get 7k to watch

11. CZECH RED/WHITE

Our Gate is about 17,000. Did not go for the Huddersfield Match, because of the Prices. Huddersfield Fans, did the Same. Today 24 Pound for Third Division Football. Wednesday they wanted thirty Pounds.