1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Aubameyang speaks on his future

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by NLDISRED, Jun 14, 2020.

1. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

On his future at Arsenal:

Recently I have not received an offer to extend. But of course we have had exchanges with the club, for a fair few months now. And they know very well why so far nothing has happened. They have the keys. Up to them to do their work and after that we will see how things go. As you said it is a turning point in my career, and I will be very frank with everyone, it will certainly be a very difficult decision to make. Because I still have not decided and we will see. It will maybe be the most important decision of my career.

On his objectives, winning titles:

Of course – all players and competitors want to win titles. Everyone is going to ask the question, does he want to win them at Arsenal or somewhere else. But as I said, the future will tell us. As I have said already, the club has the keys to this. I am hungry to win titles, and whatever my decision, I intend to fight to win titles… To be clear, nothing has been decided.

2. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

He had an interview with Telefoot in France. I think he's leaving Tbh

3. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

I think he will too unless we significantly up his pay packet.

It sounds like he's trying to hold out for more money if he is going to stay at Arsenal.

NLDISRED likes this.
  4. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

Yeah that's what I got from it. I like him as a player and I think he has got a good personality but I think footbal is a job to him. I just hope he doesn't join our rivals but I think in this climate only premier league teams can afford his wages. Unless PSG come in for him

BrunelGooner likes this.
  5. BrunelGooner

It's another one of those situations where the club have backed themselves into a corner and now the player is firmly in control over what he can demand. I remember when Raul Sanllehi gave that interview on Arsenal.com (prior to the EL final last year) and said he was going to stop letting players run their contracts down, yet it's still happening.

He will no doubt be a highly sought after player, but if it is game time as well as competing at the top-level that he is looking for, he is running out of options.
    He's 31 this month.
    I can't see him going to the top two PL clubs. United would be a bit of a sideways move. Chelsea have bought Werner. PSG have just spent money on Icardi as their first choice.
    He won't get in ahead of Lewandowski at Bayern, a return to Dortmund seems out of the question, Real or Barca haven't made any proper attempts to sign him, AC Milan are in a similar boat to us right now...Inter Milan (if they sell Lauturo Martinez) or Juventus could be options?
    Outside of that, unless he goes to China or the Middle East, there aren't too many clear options for him right now.

gooner4ever likes this.
  6. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

The arsenal board are a joke I want Raul out he seems to be doing deals with his mates. Probably getting kick backs. The contract situation is a joke Sakas contract is up same time as Auba, Nelson the year after that. We need the Chelsea approach with contracts in terms of how they have there youngsters contracted deals with options to extend. Gives them massive leverage

7. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

I think Auba is now a viable LW option he's proven he can get goals there so I think that increases his options abit

8. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I cant help but think Ozils wage gives us alot of issues at Arsenal.

For a start his own output does not justify the number (nowhere near) and secondly it means players like Aubmeyang feel entitled to at least that kind of salary. If Ozil is worth £350k a week, what is Aubameyang worth?

9. BrunelGooner

This was yet another example of the club making a reactive, rash decision because they neglected his deal for so long and were risking both Sanchez and Ozil leaving for frees in the same window. Ozil had us by the balls. It would have been a PR disaster had we let both of them go in the same timeframe. But this lucrative wage being offered all stemmed from mismanaging contracts.

Had both contracts been discussed a year earlier, we would have been in a stronger position to know whether we were going to sell or whether they would extend. We let arguably our two best players at the time have total control over their destination without us being in a strong negotiating position.

Utter ineptitude.

NLDISRED likes this.
  10. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

On the surface you see Ozil's 350K and compare to Auba's 198K and you would assume Ozil earns more but when you look a bit deeper at bonuses and clauses this is what I found.

Ozil

flat 350k a week no bonuses or clauses.

Aubameyang

198K a week

15.4 million loyalty bonus if he remains at arsenal until the end of his contract( it's in his best interest to run down his contract it's what I would do)

2.6 million champions league bonus (that we paid him anyway as a gesture of good will)

50K for every premier league match he starts that we win.

So when you compare the two Auba is actually taking home more money. Do I think he's worth the money? Yes. Is ozil worth the money? At the time of signing the contract yes. In hindsight it's debatable he still has quite a big brand and marketability even though he's not performing so well on the pitch

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

TheBear likes this.