1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Aussie / Didley Squat

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Uber_Hoop, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to Aussie, not posted since July last year?

Suddenly dawned on me that I’d not seen anything from him.

Anybody know if he’s OK? I recall he had some health issues.

2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

When he was on here, he mainly posted on the Barnsley board. In fact, his last 100 - 130 posts were on there. The few posts he did on our board were 'off-topic' and rarely about QPR. He went missing for some considerable time before and then suddenly reappeared. I do remember him posting a photo of himself after a facial procedure for skin cancer I think, many years ago? I'm unaware of any other health issues. Maybe he'll come back again or maybe he's just gotten bored with the site. It happens. Whatever the situation I hope he's well.

3. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

He had health issues
    Hopefully that's not stopped him
    Come back didley

You should spend more time on the barnsley board
    It's a great little safe place with no argument
    Unless woopert or wherever forget the two word rules

4. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I thought you and UTR's were mates with him kiwi? Do you have any of his details? I think his real name was John.

5. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Maybe we could all give an email address by pm to a mod and if anyone disappears in the future we will at least know if they are alive or just bored with the politics thread

I would hope we could trust 9s not to sell our email addresses to the russians<cool>:emoticon-0103-cool:

6. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Strangely enough I was only thinking of Aussie the other day that he hadn't posted for some time.

Kilburn is another one who disappeared then re-appeared only to disappear again......come back lads now is the time for everyone to keep in touch......

7. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Please let me just say thank you all<ok>

Often rare and very caring threads like this just warm my heart plus restore my faith in humanity<applause><diva>

Ausssie, I hope your OK Bro and still checking in. I did send John a DM a while back to ask if he was OK but no joy of late sadly.

If your still about Didley then give us all a wave Bro<cheers>

8. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Morning to you all, QPR & Barnsley forum members ........hope you are all keeping well and many thanks for your thoughts.

The last 10 months have been really tough in many ways but in saying that, l do apologise for not posting sooner.
    I haven't logged on since June / July last year but have viewed the forum from time to time.

I've been a QPR fan for 49 years now and that will never change. Love the Hoops!

Over the past year, l lost my mother to cancer.
    My wife shattered her ankle in last June for which she had a crazy amount of steel inserted into her leg for support.
    She spent the best part of four mouth in a wheelchair, thus needing to care for her in everyway ( which l was only too happy to help her ) .... but it is life changing in many ways.

During this time, my dear mother was suffering from cancer from within and then our youngest grandson ( only 2 years of age ) snapped his main leg bone, up towards the top of his leg. He was fitted with a Spica cast ( almost full body & very heavy ) ..... and with our daughter being of a small frame, lifting him played havoc on her spine and overall health. l packed the good wife in the backseat of our suv, folded the front seat right down so she could sit / lie down on the trip to assit our daughter for a couple of weeks.

On top of that, many of you may remember that l am a builder, so when a serial fraudster decided to steal my identity, it made thing very hard in many ways.
    Unbeknown to me, he had copied and paste my local ads onto the internet, stole my name, my business name, my licence number and was stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from people throughout most states of Australia over a period of 8 months.

Of course, the govt licencing board came for me, thinking l was ripping people off but with proof, soon realised my identity had been stolen.
    The police major fraud squad was involved for a period of nine months and in part, they still continue with the case.

A person who was ripped off in Brisbane, fronted me at my home, wanting to break my legs but he too, realised that l was not the same person who had ripped him off. See, the problem being a licenced trade here in Oz is that the govt list your home address for everybody to see, I have no protection whatsoever. I'm an open target.

Long story short, this person has been in and out of jail for the past 10 years. He rips someone off, goes overseas and spends the money, comes back and does it allover again and or goes to jail for a month or two. He knows how to work the law.

A fortnight ago, the first court case was set. The weak-kneed legal system gives the crimminal all the rights whilst we have very little indeed.
    I feel sorry for the hardworking people who collated all the information, to little or no avail.
    So, having had numerous injuctions, for hundreds of thousands of dollars against him ( for which he does not pay ) they again give him a small smack on the wrist and ask him to pay a 30K fine, no jail............. can you believe it!

Through no fault of my own, after building a good name for myself over 40 odd years, l lost a lot of business, a fair bit of stress for my good lady and gained no satisfaction from the end result.

Anyway, thanks again for your kind words and lets hope our team can finally progress forward for us long suffering fans.
    Up the R'ssss!

9. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Really is good to hear from you diddles
    You have been missed
    Blimey what a year you have had
    I hope all
    You included
    Are getting back to full health
    I do remember you mentioning the identity stuff before
    Hope you can get your good name back
    Kittenish will be happy
    Don't be a stranger mate

Bloody hell
    What's that smell

Sooperhoop, UTRs, QPR999 and 4 others like this.
  10. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Really good to know you are “alright ish” all the best dids

what IS that smell?

11. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I'm HERE!!!, what a crap year Dids, I hope you're doing OK mate? He'll get fined more for crossing the NSW/QLD border without a permit, disgusting.....

12. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Christ you’ve been through it Didley, all the best & take care

UTRs, kiwiqpr, Sooperhoop and 3 others like this.
  13. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Great that you’re still with us, Aussie, and sorry to hear you’ve had a challenging time.

UTRs, kiwiqpr, Sooperhoop and 4 others like this.
  14. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

But other than that, everything’s good, yeah?

Stressful times, I hope things improve mate.

UTRs, kiwiqpr, Uber_Hoop and 4 others like this.
  15. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good to know that you're still around Aussie, sounds like a really tough year, this COVID 19 thingy should be a breeze after all that......

Take care

UTRs, kiwiqpr, Uber_Hoop and 4 others like this.
  16. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Good grief Aussie, you've certainly been through the mill. I'm sorry for your losses, welcome back mate.

Didley Squat, UTRs, kiwiqpr and 3 others like this.
  17. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

F*ck me Didley, what a sh*tstorm! I hope Karma catches that c*nt and he meets a painful end. Anyway great to hear from you again and hopefully your luck takes a turn for the better. Best wishes to you and yours...

Ninj, Didley Squat, UTRs and 3 others like this.
  18. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

All the best Didley

Tramore Ranger, Didley Squat and UTRs like this.
  19. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

The sh!t really did hit the fan very hard for you mate<yikes>

please log in to view this image

Great to hear from you Bro and I hope you see some light at the end of the tunnel very soon<ok>

Your surely due a big fat good karma rebate plus interest after all that, a huge lotto win or something like that<doh>

Stay strong mate<cheers>

20. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Hey Didley, good to hear from you pal !! <cheers>

Please hurry back to the Barnsley site, things haven't been the same since you went AWOL. We have all missed you.