1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

AUTUMN NEWS 2018

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Aug 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well the darker mornings and darker evenings are starting to be noticeable now so we'll reluctantly close down our summer slot....and say hello autumn.

2. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

That was the bloody quickest summer ever as still remember our final game last season like yesterday!

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well a good start to our Autumn news is I've just read about Adams being banned for 2 games and fined for his Southend match red card. I have to say I just don't get where the FA come from sometimes. Powell pleads guilty to assault and is banned for one game with a fine. Adams has the bare faced cheek to plead not guilty to something or other which does not include grabbing anyone by the throat and is banned for 2 games for daring to even question the charge. Where is the fecking justice in any of that for christ sake? I don't expect Lyndhurst to respond to this subject as that would not be proper. I have to say that on face value, the FA would be crucified if they actually did anything like a real Court has to do. The amount of wrongful guilty convictions that would be thrown out on an appeal and the judges eventually kicked off the bench would be staggering. It strikes me that if you remotely say anything that the FA doesn't like they can charge you and find you guilty at the blink of an eye. Whatever happened to somebody actually having an opinion of their own. Somebody needs to make a legal challenge to these farce like hearings.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Adams refused to comment about his ban when asked....we were told the club would officially comment today ?

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Hardly worth appealing the ban as he sat in the stands at Millwall and Saturday will make two games.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

His ban was delayed, because he protested against it...started against Millwall and then tomorrows game against Portsmouth....the Southend Manager Powell accepted his so got off with a one game ban and a fine. So it looks like Adams failed protest cost him another match ban...so he got two instead of one.

7. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

I think what probably happened was they both got the same sanction but CP's was reduced for accepting the charge.:emoticon-0138-think

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see on the last day of loans the following have been loaned out.

Jake Jervis
    Bondz N'gala
    Caolin Lavery
    Joe Mason
    Ryan Leonard

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

So assaulting somebody physically is less of a crime than possibly calling somebody something as long as you admit you did it. That is absolutely bonkers. I suggest Adams smacks him one the next time they meet and holds his hand up after. If a player did what was done to Adams on the field of play he would get a straight red and a 3 match ban. Even if it wasn't seen on the day but caught on camera he would still end up with the ban. What is this saying to people in the game? The world has gone mad.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Hasn't taken Peterborough manager Steve Evans very long to get red carded....also his assistant Grant McCann.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well our's was even quicker. Nice to be first at something I suppose.

12. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Yes it has , but read my programme notes v Blackpool!

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see my old mate Bradley Wright-Phillips scored a hat-trick for New York Red Bulls against Wayne Rooney's DC United....match ended 3-3 with Rooney scoring one.

BWP has got an incredible scoring record since going to the States....and him only having one good leg.....good grief couldn't we do with him at the moment.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Chris Webb has announced that he will be stepping down as Honorary President of PAFC on the 31st of October....the same day that James Brent steps down from being Chairman.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Webb should never still be club President anyway. In fact he shouldn't have been that from the start.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

No idea but he looks a bit fishy to me Wooperts........................maybe it's a typo and it should read Pillock.

I never quite get these keyboard warrior types myself. Insults with a bit of intelligence maybe but just swearing because you can and that nobody can respond is just plain stupid. I'd guess whoever it is just got back from the pub or their dealer.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  17. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Why on earth would you post this....I have used words like this once in a while over the years but don't need to now.
    So Mr Duck piss off.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Gary Pollock and his views brought to us by Wooperts_duck....have been moved on to a more appropriate place.

19. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I understand people were thrown out of the Zoo Corner last Saturday for refusing to sit down.

They are only up there in the hope of a ruck with the away fans. It's a 1970's zone.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Article on the website by the club today about the law concerning standing.

Being an exile I'm not so familiar with the ground.....notDistant.....when you say the zoo corner does that mean at present the left hand corner of the away end ?

If that is the case it only applied to away fans and there was less than a 100 of them.....how could their view be restricted ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.