1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

AUTUMN NEWS 2018

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Aug 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There will be a lot of Brent haters stating that it's all gone into his pension pot.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Drop in the ocean! That would earn you enough pension to pay your newspaper bill, if you are lucky!

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

3. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

What is a pension.. oh and a profit. Yes cash flow is much more to worry about

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I sent you a PM Joe.

5. Greenarmyjoe

Sorry sensible just replied , i never saw the message .. If you pm again tell me on Prediction thread i see that one. sorry.

I have sent my number in case you need it.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Webcam No2 showing the U23 game against Derby at the moment....or half of it.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-0...F/T.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I didn't even know there was a game. Why was this not advertised anywhere?

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

You just didn't notice.

Premier League Cup Group F (U23 year old).

Teams in Group F....Aston Villa (holders), Bristol C, Derby and Argyle.

Argyle 0-0 Derby.

Cooper, Hodges, Law, Purrington, Bentley, Peck, Battle, Rooney, Fletcher, Sangster, Jephcott.

ATT 281

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  10. Greenarmyjoe

big crowd

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's yet another one of those useless competitions that nobody is the slightest bit interested in.

12. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

It isn't sensible. It is a curious thing that the club gets criticised for not developing academy players into first teamers. One of the reasons for this is that the youngsters don't get much opportunity to play against better technical footballers. By entering this competition we are putting ourselves against Cat 1 & 2 Academies (we are Cat 3) which can only be a good thing as the standard is far better than we have been used to. The 2 matches so far have also been pretty entertaining and well worth the few pennies to get in.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Really? Big crowd tonight wasn't it. Lyndie nobody cares about this competition except maybe some of the managers and perhaps a few players. Certainly the supporters don't. This is also a shop window for the elite to watch the lower leagues finds and steal one if they see fit to. On the cheap at that. The club gets criticised for not playing any of the developing players unless they absolutely have to. You should read the threads on the chat sites and you will see that is the main complaint. Argyle however are not much different from the rest of the teams. There are only a few who give youth a chance. We are not one of them.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

This sounds strange.

Announcement from PAFC.....that Simon Hallett will become Chairman at the end of October when James Brent stands down.

Chairman-elect David Felwick has informed the Argyle Board of Directors that for personal reasons, he is unable to take over the Chairmanship at this present time,

I think Felwick is about 75 years old....can anyone think of any other reason.

Hallett will find it difficult as Chairman being based in the States to be fully involved.....doesn't this mean a vacancy for Vice Chairman ?

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You thinking of applying plym?

I'm not altogether surprised at this. I think Hallett wants to take over completely and it would also not shock me if he soon acquired the other 30% of Brent shares. Maybe things in the Boardroom are not as together as some would have you believe. Just a hunch of course.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

A lot of knee jerking going on over on pasoti about David Felwick stepping down before he takes on the job.....maybe a falling out has happened.....some are quite nervous over it.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Overall I don't think PAFC will be affected drastically. I'm not too worried what the owners do as long as they don't go bust.

18. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

This is odd and at least badly managed. You'd have thought his willingness and ability to do the job would have been thrashed out before the original announcement.

Perhaps there have been vey recent personal or family developments which prevent him putting in the time and effort required? The only alternative I can think of is a difference of opinion with Hallett, either because Hallett wants more from him than he can give or less than he expects to contribute. Neither should be coming out now.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

David Felwick will be 74 years old in November......maybe he had underestimated the commitment required at the moment with Argyle being in dire straights on the pitch at his age.....if he had an health problem why not give that as a reason for not taking up the post of Chairman, no one would have thought any less of him. Other than age and health the only other possibility is a difference of opinion regarding the way ahead for PAFC with Simon Hallett and felt he had to stand aside.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

James Brent has confirmed that Derek Adams is the best manager to get Argyle out of its present predicament.

Oh dear we've heard those words from Directors before just before the chopper comes down....but I think in this case it means that at the moment Derek Adams job is safe.....he's just got to get this shambles of a team up and winning somehow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.